LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
PrincessBella (Offline)
~Owns Miku-san~

Send a message via AIM to PrincessBella
Lightbulb Lolita Plus! - 03-06-2008, 02:20 PM

..:Plus Lolita:..

.Why aren't there plus sizes for lolita syles?
.Do they have companies in japan for plus sizes?
.Do i they hate plus sizes?

all these questions i have asked or herd and if your plus size and you like loltia style well there is a bit of a little promblem.

im a huge fan of the Japanese culture and a huge fan of thier lolita fashion, but when i was looking at stores in Japan by googling i found that alot of the stores don't sell plus sizes ( hmm no surprise) but i was hoping that maybe they might. Alot of the stores like to accomindate to "trendy" highschoolers..A.K.A "skinny" highschoolers, and this is where i blew a fuse! i think it would be really nice if they could start making plus sizes for Americans who are into Lolita fashion and would like to buy it and wear it if they are in Japan or go home and wear it to school or order it online and enjoy it. I usally make my own outfits, lolita style ,but some of my friend don't posesses my talents and would just like to buy them and all that jazz but they don't come in thier size and they get mad. I did make some suggestions though like , you could go to Torrid, a store in the mall that makes plus sizes. When i walked in their i saw some things like tops and skirts that if you put them together they could be worthy of looking lolita or lolipop lolita, sometimes its all in the accessories, but if you really want the pure look your gonna have to look hard in japan (or googling top lolita stores in japan) and hope they might have your size , you could also make your own , which could be time consuming but fun , or...hate to break it ...loose some weight.

.:IF YOU KNOW ANY STORES THAT SELLS PLUS SIZE LOLITA LET ME KNOW:.

before i head out i would like to do a poll..."Do you think that there should be plus sizes for lolita fashion?

.:Sweet Lolita:.

.:Love Sweet Like Candy:.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Anyone of any size should be able to dress in whatever style they like.

In the Starlight
That link is for a store where she makes everything to your measurements so you can get "plus" sizes.

There really shouldnt be any distinction between "plus" and regular sizes I think...its all relative and putting people in a category like that just segregates them further and contributes to the 'fat phobic' north american culture.

Im not "plus" size, so all this probably sounds like bull' from me, but im not a tiny girl either (40" bust, 33" waist, 5'8)

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
PrincessBella (Offline)
~Owns Miku-san~

Send a message via AIM to PrincessBella
03-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
Anyone of any size should be able to dress in whatever style they like.

In the Starlight
That link is for a store where she makes everything to your measurements so you can get "plus" sizes.

There really shouldnt be any distinction between "plus" and regular sizes I think...its all relative and putting people in a category like that just segregates them further and contributes to the 'fat phobic' north american culture.

Im not "plus" size, so all this probably sounds like bull' from me, but im not a tiny girl either (40" bust, 33" waist, 5'8)
thank you

no i really apperciate your reply..im really doing this for a friend who is like a size 20 and she is very beautiful and would love to wear a nice lolita kinda of dress or style

once again thank you ^.^

.:Sweet Lolita:.

.:Love Sweet Like Candy:.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM

I'm plus size, so I feel your friend's pain. I wish I had a store that just sold lolita fashions, but I don't. The majority of my lolita tops have come from Plus Size Clothing - Fashion for Plus Size women at Roaman's You have to really look for them, too. I make mine, as well. I just don't have a whole lot of time to do it. Good luck.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Konata (Offline)
LEMONed

Send a message via MSN to Konata
03-06-2008, 04:38 PM

.Why aren't there plus sizes for lolita syles?
Lolita style comes from Japan. There are very few plus sized girls in that country. You might want to buy something with shirring though, I've seen a lot of bigger girls get into those and look quite cute.

.Do they have companies in japan for plus sizes?
See above.

.Do i they hate plus sizes?
If I understood your lack of grammar properly... Sadly, I believe the majority does. While in the west people lose weight to FIT into brand, people in Japan lose weight because you're simply prettier that way. If you take a look at Popteen for example, they have a lot of advertisements for weight loss pills, and their before-after pictures usually have weight loss from 45 kilos to 35, or something around that.

If you're looking for lolita clothes in plus sizes, you can either get something commissioned, or look for something with lots of shirring from brand. If you don't like those ideas, I don't suppose there's any other choice buy weight loss. I myself am a bit on the bigger side (157cm/53kg/70cm waist) and I'm planning on going down to a 55cm waist so I fit into Mary Magdalene. Go figure.

Curtsy while thinking about what to say, it saves time.

Find me at X JAPAN in Paris, July '08! WE ARE X!!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Visualkeistar (Offline)
Faerie Tale Writer

Send a message via AIM to Visualkeistar Send a message via MSN to Visualkeistar
03-08-2008, 12:37 AM

i say keep looking! When in doubt, make it yourself.

Family:
Cousins - carry, curious_jane
Brother - Nightmare
Owner - Kittenx
Father - Sutiiven
(#7 (permalink))
Old
LittlCreepyGirl (Offline)
New to JF

11-21-2008, 11:47 PM

I realize this thread was made a while ago but here.

Okay, I don't really agree with some of the answers you got and I'm not going to start a debate but you're not prettier just because you're thin. The only reason people believe that is because we come from a society where the majority was thinner (mostly likely because there was a lack of food in poverty ridden Europe) in some countries the bigger you are the better, it's a sign of power and good health (in Africa where the thin are sick and dying).

I would suggest
EASIEST: Go to Starlets and Harlets and pick up some of their stuff from the "Voluptuous Sizes" section.
dresses plus size

Otherwise :
1. you teach them how to sew (Pro: They could start making whatever they wanted. Con: It takes a while to learn to make presentable and neat clothing)
2. Get a customized one (Pro: You could get exactly what you want. Con: It could cost you a shitload!)
3. **Look for Gothic (a lot of goth clothes come in bigger sizes and cross over into a lolita look) and styled clothes or Gothic Victorian or just normal Victorian because while the STYLE originates from Japan, the actually style of the clothing itself is a product of the Victorian era. (Pro: may be a complete solution Con: May solve nothing because it's not what you want. I say: Worth a try)
4. You could mix and match. Take 1 corset top from torrid, maybe all black or black and white or whatever. Go to a dancewear shop or online at some type of ballet something and get a tutu. All that under a pea coat and fishnets and one of those pretty intricate hair clips maybe some gloves. Also you can check plus size lingerie sites, that often have nice stuff that can be turned lolita. (hit or miss thing I might have missed completely there)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
nanas (Offline)
Outsider

Send a message via Yahoo to nanas
11-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Either way it is hard for us in the us to find clothing that fits from Japan. Lucky for us all there are western lolita brands popping out all around! And will be a lil more affordable too. heher is one you can check out: Samantha Rei: Blasphemina's Closet. Hope this helps

Nanas
De moda lo que te acomoda!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
1svengali (Offline)
New to JF

plus is a plus - 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM

You could try ChicStar. This is a site where the customers submit their designs and they get voted on until they are either accepted and made into clothing or denied. They have lots of lolita stuff on there and if none of it is to your liking you can create your own! Love it!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
cherry3delight (Offline)
New to JF

Don't go to ChicStar - 02-23-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1svengali View Post
You could try ChicStar. This is a site where the customers submit their designs and they get voted on until they are either accepted and made into clothing or denied. They have lots of lolita stuff on there and if none of it is to your liking you can create your own! Love it!
I ordered stuff from ChicStar and I was utterly disappointed. The quality is poor and the fit was horrible for some of the things. Plus the service is terrible because you cannot get a hold of them any other way than email. To top it all off they took forever to process my order and refused a refund for a terribly made skirt that ripped the second I put it on. If you are looking for some cheap throw away items then ChicStar would do but if you want clothing that lasts I highly recommend you look somewhere else.

Otherwise I am also plus size and have been looking at fanplusfriend.com and they seem to have more sizes and pretty dresses. However I am very skeptical about ordering things online now due to the whole ChicStar incident.