JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
That's Not Faiiiiirrr! - 06-26-2008, 05:19 AM

lol =(

Well America is very sheltered and narrow minded. So if any of those people in those pics decided to walk down most of the streets of America they would be laughed at or picked on.

It's a shame... x.x I love Japans wide variety of style and fashion. SUCH CREATIVITY!!

hmm..The typica fashion here is...

Women: really short skirts or skin tight jeans with premade holes or stains. $300 shoes that hurt their feet more than they make them look good. and usualy bleached out hair with a really really dark tan and some lightly placed jewelry..a ring..tiny nechlace with some charm on it..and ear rings.

Men: Baggy pants that fall off their butts. Tanktop or a "tall" t-shirt. A baseball cap repping their favorite city or sports team. again $300 shoes..BUT they are actually comfy and...a must...an extremely excessive amount of jewelry.

3 out of 5 people you see walking around America is dressed like I listed above. The rest are wearing a business outfit..or your random fashion genres.

oh! and pale skin..or a light complection is looked at as someone who has no life and sits inside all day..or a loser who has no friends cause they arent constantly at the beach...lol =(

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-03-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip View Post
3 out of 5 people you see walking around America is dressed like I listed above. The rest are wearing a business outfit..or your random fashion genres.
Not in north Texas. Its more like 1 in 5. But depending on the neighborhood it could change drastically. 4 of 5 in some and 0 in 5 in others. Suits are common if you work downtown in a city, but not after 5pm and not in the suburbs - they are too hot for the climate and too formal. Most guys are in slacks and golf shirts, or jean and t-shirts after work. As for the women, the styles are all over the map, though fairly toned down. But we do have the bleached blonde syndrome in abundance. At least 3 out of 5 women have either gone completely blonde, or have heavy blonde highlighting. It would make my natural white streaks rather fashionable - if I were willing to dye them blonde and lighten the rest.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SuGrocks (Offline)
JF Regular

07-06-2008, 08:39 PM

hmm...where i live ppl are usually like this:
girls: skinny jeans, tee shirts with invader zim or some band usually from hot topic, colorful shoes, facial piercings...emo haircuts or scene. then theres you're average hippy, wearing thrift shop clothing and usually a big druggie. Or the mexican chics and im not trying to be racist, im mexican but i dont dress like this...anyway, they wear really hairsprayed hair with tight blue jeans with no back pockets, draw it yourself really black eyebrows, gold jewlery on cheap and thin gold chains, and too tight for your bod shirts. and the way their eyebrows are drawn on make them appear angry 24/7.

guys: either mexican gangsters, or mexican wanna be gangsters with dress like shirts and pants that fall off their butt, or long white socks, big white shirt like a dress, shaved head or just about, white shoes, and a thin white binder for school. yup....boring. and of course there are the preppy surfer or skater guys with abercombie and fitch clothes or however you spell it.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

07-06-2008, 09:31 PM

Ehhh, Chicago's weird.
Everywhere you see a different style.
It's like a schmorgasboard of styles.
I think it's kinda cool.
I'll try and get some pics this Sunday
to show...
(#15 (permalink))
Old
umeshuuu (Offline)
JF Regular

07-10-2008, 07:11 AM

There are definitely people wearing fashion like that in Tokyo. Actually fashion here is so unique and diverse, there's many many more interesting styles around. It's awesome just to go to somewhere like Shibuya and people-watch.

And I agree with Sangetsu in that these kinds of looks are a LOT more common than gothic lolita/punk/other harajuku-type fashions. Except at the weekends around central Tokyo.
But it would be nice to have harajuku fashion be more commonplace, it's amazing to see people dressed like that

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
I'm Lisa! Nice to meetcha