JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Tutorial thread. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/20990-tutorial-thread.html)

MissMisa 04-20-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihiino (Post 466523)
Misa, my dear, you are a very talented person. I could not pull off the eyeliner trick (I don't wear any due to the fact that I get klutzy, forget that I have it on, & rub my eyes...not a very sexy look I'm afraid). I know that it takes practice fot that though. I tried this technique from the makeup people from the Laura Mercier counter that lines the lash line with liquid eyeliner. It was pretty cool how bigger my lashes seemed. But of course when I do it my eyes sting ( & it does'nt help that I wear contacts too :o ). Doh!

Thankyou very much ^_^

I agree it's pretty hard to get the hang of, maybe my artistic nature helps me out a little ^_^ And at first liquid eyeliner and mascara really stings!

I sometimes rub my eyes by accident, but I definatly avoid doing that at school!

MissMisa 04-20-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuujirou (Post 466535)
kyuuu >.<'''
liquid eyeliner HURTS =OOO...
but despite that x]
this one can't imagine using a pencil >.<'''
a stick in your eye?? SCARY! =OO

The pencil is like reeeeeeally soft so even if it did it wouldn't hurt. Liquid really stings the most but my eyes are immune now so even if a big blob of liquid goes in [which isn't right pleasant] it doesn't hurt at all :D It's a buggar to wash off though >.<

reihiino 04-20-2008 05:45 PM

Is waterproof eyeliner/mascara any better? i suppose it depends on the brand or how much experience one has with makeup?

MissMisa 04-20-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihiino (Post 466571)
Is waterproof eyeliner/mascara any better? i suppose it depends on the brand or how much experience one has with makeup?

Yes, it's slightly better but in my experiance it stings more. Rain and things like that don't effect it, but it's extremely hard to wash off, you'd have to use proper eye make up remover. Which I do normally anyway, but some people don't.

NeoVisualizm 04-20-2008 06:06 PM

ooohh my! I adore this tutorial!!!
It is AWESOME!!! love love love love love!! <3333

By the way.. is it just me or this make up makes person look Japanese??? XDD

MissMisa 04-20-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoVisualizm (Post 466587)
ooohh my! I adore this tutorial!!!
It is AWESOME!!! love love love love love!! <3333

By the way.. is it just me or this make up makes person look Japanese??? XDD

Thankkkyooou ^_^ I'm glad you liked it ^-^

NeoVisualizm 04-20-2008 06:19 PM

your welcomies!! ^-^
but I may have a problem while drawing those lines with eyeliner XD
I am soo friggin bad at using liquid eye liner :///

MissMisa 04-20-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoVisualizm (Post 466595)
your welcomies!! ^-^

Yeah it is really difficult at first! I only used to use pencil at first, but then I moved onto liquid to give it a more defined look ^_^

LittleFallenAngel 04-20-2008 06:24 PM

*Giggles*
i tried out ur tutorial only the part which you need to have the stuff about like cornered if you know what in mean didnt exactly worked out fine with me XD.
Thou i think i still need practice O_O...
*agrees*

MissMisa 04-20-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleFallenAngel (Post 466602)
*Giggles*
i tried out ur tutorial only the part which you need to have the stuff about like cornered if you know what in mean didnt exactly worked out fine with me XD.
Thou i think i still need practice O_O...
*agrees*

Yeah I get what you mean, that's probably the hardest part to do because you can end up making a real mess of it >.< The liquid eyeliner is pretty hard too but I'm super used to it now, I do it every morning before school :D

KikiBunny23 04-20-2008 06:26 PM

This is a reat tutorial but unfortunately I don't, and refuse, to use eyeliner since I have had bad experiences with it and I doubt I would be able to pull this look off very well since I am really tan and black doesn't look good on me but my friend might enjoy this. I'll have to send her the link

MissMisa 04-20-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 (Post 466605)
This is a reat tutorial but unfortunately I don't, and refuse, to use eyeliner since I have had bad experiences with it and I doubt I would be able to pull this look off very well since I am really tan and black doesn't look good on me but my friend might enjoy this. I'll have to send her the link

Aww, that's a shame. I'll probably be posting some softer styles in the future, [green looks pretty good since I have green eyes], so be sure to look out for that ^_^ And thankies, I hope your friend finds it useful ^___^

KikiBunny23 04-20-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 466609)
Aww, that's a shame. I'll probably be posting some softer styles in the future, [green looks pretty good since I have green eyes], so be sure to look out for that ^_^ And thankies, I hope your friend finds it useful ^___^

I'll be on the lookout for that, green and brown looks best on me ^_^ and I think she will since she likes to try out random things

LittLeAnqeLAyumi 04-20-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoVisualizm (Post 466595)
your welcomies!! ^-^

hahaa,the same here..>.< when the liquid eyeliner comes into my eye,it hurts a bit and it looks like I've cried xD and its hard to wash out this "accident"then T________T
and I've have a prob with broadness(?) of the eyeline..so can u say me how broad should the line be?cuz when I draw a line above the eye,u cant see it really xDDD

NeoVisualizm 04-20-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 466598)
Yeah it is really difficult at first! I only used to use pencil at first, but then I moved onto liquid to give it a more defined look ^_^

hmm... thats logical... I will try in this way next time! :D
well.. hope I dont create a disaster XDD

NeoVisualizm 04-20-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittLeAnqeLAyumi (Post 466614)
hahaa,the same here..>.< when the liquid eyeliner comes into my eye,it hurts a bit and it looks like I've cried xD and its hard to wash out this "accident"then T________T
and I've have a prob with broadness(?) of the eyeline..so can u say me how broad should the line be?cuz when I draw a line above the eye,u cant see it really xDDD

aaahhh I know that feeling! it is awful! At the end I have red eye XDD lol
I dont need to wear contacts to make my eyes look red XDD

MissMisa 04-20-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittLeAnqeLAyumi (Post 466614)

It depends how heavy your eyelids are. If you have really thin eyelids, do it either really thin so you can just see it on the lid, or a lot thicker so you can see it just slightly above. If you have thin eyelids, like for example asian eyes, then you put the eyeshadow above the eyelid so you can still see it when your eyes are open ^-^

reihiino 04-20-2008 06:36 PM

ooh! thats gives me an idea to play dress up for a bit...i may have to show a pic when im done if thats ok

LittLeAnqeLAyumi 04-20-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoVisualizm (Post 466617)
aaahhh I know that feeling! it is awful! At the end I have red eye XDD lol
I dont need to wear contacts to make my eyes look red XDD

yeah,it is..>.< *crys* after these disasters,i dont use it when i go to school xDD you're right..yaay,and red eyes are cool;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 466618)
It depends how heavy your eyelids are. If you have really thin eyelids, do it either really thin so you can just see it on the lid, or a lot thicker so you can see it just slightly above. If you have thin eyelids, like for example asian eyes, then you put the eyeshadow above the eyelid so you can still see it when your eyes are open ^-^

arigato^^ well,I have this typical asian eyes I think,but they're not sooo thin..then I gotta buy black/grey eyeshadow^____^ hope,it will helps:D

MissMisa 04-20-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihiino (Post 466619)
ooh! thats gives me an idea to play dress up for a bit...i may have to show a pic when im done if thats ok

Yeah sure that would be great ^_^

orewasenshi 04-20-2008 07:08 PM

Misa is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!

Could you also use different color eyeshadow too??

Just wondering^^

MissMisa 04-20-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orewasenshi (Post 466653)
Misa is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!

Could you also use different color eyeshadow too??

Just wondering^^

Thankies :D :D

And yes you could, I sometimes use pink instead of the black eyeshadow. But any colour is fine depending on your eye colour ^_^

For green eyes ~ Browns, Golds, Pale purples, Mauves, Very subtle pinks [though I wear neons but ah well :D] and most shades of green.

Blue eyes ~ Icey blue, black/white, pale pink, silver.

Brown eyes ~ Golds, greens, browns, pale reds, deep blues.

KikiBunny23 04-20-2008 10:08 PM

great tut but unfortunately my school doesnt allow any coloring of hair other than natural [brown, blonde, black ect] colors so i'd have to wait quite a while before i could do this.

xnamelessx 04-21-2008 02:06 AM

ur really pretty

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 466216)
Well, my hair tutorial proved pretty popular, so I decided to do a makeup one. Please excuse the size of the image, it will take a long while to load. If it's too big for you to view, just tell me and I'll email it to you instead ^_^ Hope this helps ~ Any questions, just PM me. [Oh and I noticed a ton of spelling mistakes to ignore them, and at one point it says the images are on the right when they're on the left but it's because I switched them >.<]

Hey, what would u recommend for a darker skin, like afro caribbean skin tones? I do have my own make up styles and 1 of them is close to this one but urs is more carefully done if u know what i mean?! X

xnamelessx 04-21-2008 02:15 AM

hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 466285)
Thanks, forgot to mention that ^-^ It needs to be muuchhh much thinner in order for you to be able to see the eyeshadow ^_^

Even though i'm black, i have that problem because my lids are v narrow and my eyes are quite pulled. Might have something to do with my oriental blood actually. Hmmm xD

Pjok 04-21-2008 02:15 AM

AHAAAA. Meh loves yooou misa..*jumps on misa and hugs..* Liked the tips, :D

MissMisa 04-21-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnamelessx (Post 467216)
Hey, what would u recommend for a darker skin, like afro caribbean skin tones? I do have my own make up styles and 1 of them is close to this one but urs is more carefully done if u know what i mean?! X

This kinda of make-up style works well with darker skin [I've put this make-up on my friend a couple of times, she is dark skinned and it looks lovely]. The white is a lovely contrast and looks really smooth and sleek and the sweeping lines compliment darker skin well. The only people to really worry are those who are very pale with blonde hair, as it can look out of place.

MissMisa 04-21-2008 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjok (Post 467230)
AHAAAA. Meh loves yooou misa..*jumps on misa and hugs..* Liked the tips, :D

Yayy! *huggles you too ^_^* Thankies :D

MissMisa 04-21-2008 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 (Post 466830)
great tut but unfortunately my school doesnt allow any coloring of hair other than natural [brown, blonde, black ect] colors so i'd have to wait quite a while before i could do this.

:O Wow that sucks!

I'd do it anywhere, because hair colouring is a permanent thing and I don't agree with school controlling your appearance outside of school.

If you want a quick fix of colour for out of school, get clip in hair extensions :D

Firu 04-21-2008 07:35 AM

kickass tut! i like messin around with my hair too :D dax wax red is great if you wanna do chunky spikes like mine!

MissMisa 04-21-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firu (Post 467419)
kickass tut! i like messin around with my hair too :D dax wax red is great if you wanna do chunky spikes like mine!

Thankies ^_^

KikiBunny23 04-21-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 467404)
:O Wow that sucks!

I'd do it anywhere, because hair colouring is a permanent thing and I don't agree with school controlling your appearance outside of school.

If you want a quick fix of colour for out of school, get clip in hair extensions :D

Okays ^_^ I'll check 'em outt

MissMisa 04-21-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 (Post 468446)
Okays ^_^ I'll check 'em outt

Great ^-^

You can either get ones made out of like, acrylic type material, which you can't style with heat, so don't try it or it will melt!

Or you can get ones that are real hair, and you can blow dry them and straighten them aswell.

KikiBunny23 04-21-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 468449)
Great ^-^

You can either get ones made out of like, acrylic type material, which you can't style with heat, so don't try it or it will melt!

Or you can get ones that are real hair, and you can blow dry them and straighten them aswell.

Awesome...I might have to go on ebay on wednesday. No place in falkville has them for sure lol

MissMisa 04-21-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 (Post 468462)
Awesome...I might have to go on ebay on wednesday. No place in falkville has them for sure lol

Yeah, ebay definatly has them :D Pretty good prices too ^^

Here is an example ~

Clip-in Hair Extentions - eBay (item 260232783935 end time Apr-28-08 14:38:27 PDT)

KikiBunny23 04-21-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 468465)
Yeah, ebay definatly has them :D Pretty good prices too ^^

Here is an example ~

Clip-in Hair Extentions - eBay (item 260232783935 end time Apr-28-08 14:38:27 PDT)

coolio ^_^

DesiredMess 04-27-2008 02:57 AM

Thank you so much for this tutorial!! *huggles*

Now if only I could dye my hair hot pink or white. XD Then I'd be set!

Is Dove the best shampoo for color treated hair? I've been wanting to die my hair white (my hairs a crappy shade of blonde right now), but I'm scared to because after I dye it it always gets so brittle and gross. And I don't have money to get it done at a salon..so..v.v

DesiredMess 04-27-2008 03:03 AM

I can't thank you enough!! :rheart: :p I always wondered how to do the black eye shadow. Everytime I tried I would mess up. >__< This helps a ton!! I also like that you recommended products. I need a new liquid liner because the bristles on the one I use always strays and messes the whole look up!! haha.

Do you have any recommendations for mascara?

ashurie 04-27-2008 06:01 AM

Dove is good shampoo ^^ Just don't use Fruitis - it drys my hair out x.x I my hair gets oily pretty quickly too.

Great tutorial - is shall help me so much

MissMisa 04-27-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesiredMess (Post 473718)
Thank you so much for this tutorial!! *huggles*

Now if only I could dye my hair hot pink or white. XD Then I'd be set!

Is Dove the best shampoo for color treated hair? I've been wanting to die my hair white (my hairs a crappy shade of blonde right now), but I'm scared to because after I dye it it always gets so brittle and gross. And I don't have money to get it done at a salon..so..v.v

Dove is pretty good [you can get one especially for coloured hair], but there is a really good one for coloured hair which is this :

It's Loreal Elvive Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioner.

To dye your hair white by yourself would probably the most risky thing you could to do it >.< Also, to prevent it going a weird yellow colour when dying your hair, if your doing it plain WHITE the best bet would be to use toner which neautralises all the weird yellowy pigments which make it go a funny colour.

*** Mixer/Toner ***
'Perfect for mixing with our Special Effects Hair Colors to make lighter and brighter customized shades. Can also be used for taking out the yellow tones out of the bleached hair.'
[That's the description.]

Hope that helped you! ^_^ And your welcome for the tutorial ^_^