JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Stores in NYC to find Japanese fashions? - 01-11-2009, 06:00 AM

I shop in Chinatown a lot here in NYC to find clothes that fit my petite frame at reasonable and affordable prices but would love to find some really great Japanese stores as well that sell cutting edge fashion. Any recommendations?

- Nishi

~~Member of JapanForum Royal Clan of Gods & Goddesses~~
http://www.nishimusic.com
Webmistress of UsagiandMamoru.com, MiakaandTamahome.com, MaxLovely.com, PrincessIshtar.com, ArwenandAragorn.com

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

01-11-2009, 06:06 AM

Have you been to UNIQLO? It may not offer "cutting edge" fashion but it's certainly one of the best-selling brands in Japan. Its "heat-tech" products would be great for the New York winter weather.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-11-2009, 06:12 AM

thank you Nagoyankee Are you by any chance from or in Nagoya and a Yankee fan to boot? I actually didn't even think of UNIQLO but now that you mentioned it, I should definitely go! Thank you!

- Nishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Have you been to UNIQLO? It may not offer "cutting edge" fashion but it's certainly one of the best-selling brands in Japan. Its "heat-tech" products would be great for the New York winter weather.

Webmistress of UsagiandMamoru.com, MiakaandTamahome.com, MaxLovely.com, PrincessIshtar.com, ArwenandAragorn.com

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

01-11-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishiHime View Post
thank you Nagoyankee Are you by any chance from or in Nagoya and a Yankee fan to boot? I actually didn't even think of UNIQLO but now that you mentioned it, I should definitely go! Thank you!

- Nishi
I'm originally from Nagoya and I'm a Yankee fan as well since Hideki Matsui joined the team, so that's actually how my username is formed. I currently live in Tokyo, though.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-11-2009, 07:08 PM

LOL! That's so great! I watched the Yankees play 2 summers ago (I'm a fan of both the Yankees & the Mets - living in New York City you can't help but be pro-baseball here!) and it was an awesome game! Hideki Matsui rocks My friend Yumi lives in Nagoya and tells me all sorts of stories about her life there. It's definitely a place I'd love to visit one day - after Tokyo of course!! I'll let you know if I score any awesome clothes at UNIQLO!

- Nishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
I'm originally from Nagoya and I'm a Yankee fan as well since Hideki Matsui joined the team, so that's actually how my username is formed. I currently live in Tokyo, though.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

01-11-2009, 10:11 PM

usually markets have some korean/japanese fashion stalls, but you really gotta look hard.

I heard H&M have co-joined with japanese label comme de garcon so give it a try?

Oh, and go on soompi, some girls there sell clothes from asia, they may live in your area and if you see something you like, you might be able to arrange a meetup.[providing they live in nyc] but its more korean clothes really.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jewelpre (Offline)
JF Regular

01-12-2009, 01:56 AM

Did you find any???

MyClozet.
Share for fashion statement, sell, buy and swap your
clothes and accessories.
MyClozet is cool place for fashion savvy people
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 01:58 AM

Hime wow r u a real prinzess?!

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 05:01 AM

Thank you Yinnie I actually DO want to check out H&M's line of Comme de Garcon! Must wait until Friday (pay day)

- Nishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
usually markets have some korean/japanese fashion stalls, but you really gotta look hard.

I heard H&M have co-joined with japanese label comme de garcon so give it a try?

Oh, and go on soompi, some girls there sell clothes from asia, they may live in your area and if you see something you like, you might be able to arrange a meetup.[providing they live in nyc] but its more korean clothes really.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Hime wow r u a real prinzess?!
LOL!! hahaha no silly pleasure to meet you though

- Nishi