JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
minamo9 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to minamo9
budget fashion tokyo? - 11-16-2009, 10:42 AM

Is it me or are japanese fashion clothes really expensive in general?

I was wondering if there are any budget clothing stores in/around Tokyo that sell nice fashion(shibuya style, or goth/rave- ish ( i like to change styles ^_^) preferably one with a webshop. thanks in advance~

You can not make a person love you, all you can do is to be a person who can be loved.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Cakes (Offline)
Has cookies?~

11-20-2009, 10:51 PM

You don't need specifically style-orientated shops for fashion. ^^ Just get your look firmly down in your head, and then be discerning about your choices. Second-hand-shops and the like can often be a great place to find real bargains, especially if they're in rich areas. You may have to learn a little basic tailoring, though, in order to get things looking just right on you.

Often any old blouse that could be worn with any style can be personalised in order to make it rave or goth, or plain shirts can be laced up or matched with nice cardigans and beads to make them more interesting.

Tl;dr; you don't need specific budget stores for this kind of clothes, just find any cheap place and keep your sense of fashion about you. Sorry I can't be a little more helpful than this!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-21-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minamo9 View Post
Is it me or are japanese fashion clothes really expensive in general?

I was wondering if there are any budget clothing stores in/around Tokyo that sell nice fashion(shibuya style, or goth/rave- ish ( i like to change styles ^_^) preferably one with a webshop. thanks in advance~
Right now discount fashion shopping is quite popular in Japan. Uniqlo drops its jeans to 900yen, and other brands follow. I have seen TV shows of fashionable young girls going into traditionally unfashionable stores and creating outfits mixing and matching the things they find for very little money.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
minamo9 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to minamo9
11-21-2009, 10:07 PM

thanks for that guys and girls <3 xD

you just gave me hope again ^_^.

i just hope i succeed in creating a permanent style, im still switching to much because of lack in clothing xD

You can not make a person love you, all you can do is to be a person who can be loved.