JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

try to make decora - 12-13-2009, 05:05 AM

Ive been wanting to make my own decora outfit for awhile, I wanted to make the skirts and shirts a stuff by hands and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion i what i should make, so far i only have a pink skirt and im not sure really what to do pass that. :/
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Cakes (Offline)
Has cookies?~

12-13-2009, 01:45 PM

The whole point of decora is to absolutely pile on the things! The rules are generally layering to the maximum, and having as much of everything as you can get. The sky's the limit!

Often decora girls (and boys) like to theme their outfits; shades of pink is the most common, but stripes, or spots, or maybe just every colour that exists work great too! I think working by a theme is a good idea, since it ties the look together and with a style that uses so many different items it can look a bit haphazard if not coordinated.

Layering, as said above; absolute definite. It's not unusual to see legwarmers over socks over another pair of socks over fishnets over tights over leggings... so on and so forth. As much as you can wear, wear it! Just make sure every layer shows behind the upper ones.

A pile of hair clips is very popular (as you very probably know!). Twenty or so bright pretty hairclips arranged over one's head isn't unusual at all. Make sure you have enough of them, though-- five or six won't cut it. Also make sure they're in a pleasing arrangement over your head, make it look like you really made the effort.

Accessories are also a must, why not try, say, as many watches as you can find up your arms? Old broken watches will do just as well, you only need one watch to tell the time after all. x3 Or bracelets, or bright-coloured rubber bands even.

If you want to make your clothes by hand... Well, generally they're just regular clothes, though if you live in a hot place you could try stitching faux layers to the bottom of the outer top or skirt showing. The problem with that is that the material would have to be very thin for the under-layers, or it'll just all bulk out around the edges and look really very weird.

If you've got a skirt, why not try making another slightly longer skirt and putting that underneath? Combined with a vest-top, then maybe another slightly longer top over it that shows the underneath layer, then another top, then maybe a short cardigan and a jacket.

So I'd recommend you look for regular clothing patterns, or go to the cheapest store you know, get some really tacky cheap clothes in a style you like, unpick the stitching and use the pieces for your pattern.

Googling for pictures will doubtless give you some great ideas. eHow also has an article on how to do decora: How to create a Decora outfit | eHow.com

Hope that helps a bit!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

12-13-2009, 06:04 PM

thank you very much that was very helpful
(#4 (permalink))
Old
criminalpanda (Offline)
YA HAAAA!!!!

Send a message via AIM to criminalpanda Send a message via MSN to criminalpanda