JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mannATL (Offline)
New to JF

Bets Places for Sneakers and kicks - 01-10-2010, 02:29 AM

What are the best places to buy them? Thanks in advance.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
mannATL (Offline)
New to JF

01-10-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
... clothing stores..
How about... Can anyone name some of the best stores/boutiques? And I just noticed the title of the thread, sorry about that.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2010, 03:29 AM

Do you mean good places in Japan to buy sneakers then Mita in Ueno is pretty good.

http://www.mita-sneakers.co.jp/

and Atmos in Shibuya

ATMOS - TOKYO

Both stock limited editions and collaborations etc

Besides that there is a chain called ABC Mart, they are everywhere in Japan and have quite a good range and usually have some decent sale items.

If it's Japanese designer sneakers you are after then Diet Butcher Slim Skin's flagship store metal burger will have this season's sneaker range if it isnt sold out already

DIET BUTCHER SLIM SKIN
(#4 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2010, 03:47 AM

lol @ globe sneakers. i wore those when i was 13 (i am now 25), i am surprised the company is still in existence. besides for skating in i dont know why you would want to wear them. they are so broad and bulky.

and boutique just means shop in french. it has no relation to gender. it usually refers to stores specializing in high fashion or luxury goods.

Quote:
Lol, do you mean like.. in Japan, or just in General??

I don't even know what a boutique is.. something girl's go to..

Globe Interactive Catalog

Pick a shoe, any shoe.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2010, 05:55 AM

I wouldn't in that circumstance either. But one could argue that the extra ankle and tongue padding, vulcanized sole and reinforced ollie patch on globes and other skate shoes is unnecesary for sliding on and going for a surf.

but thats besides the point and kinda off topic. The reason for my reccomendations were:

The original posters request was for the 'best stores and boutiques' - so based on that wording my recomendations were more specialized to a fashion audience.

and

This is a Japanese forum, so one would pressume that the the OP is looking for something unique to japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
LOL, I'm just curious to know if you actually think about that stuff .
yes and no to different extents. to me skate shoes are purpose built for skating and I find their attributes uncomfortable for regular wear and their silhouette a little strange . i have to admit though, i havent skated or worn skate shoes in about 10 years so they have probably changed very dramatically since then given the development of fabrications etc.

but when im not looking for purpose built shoes (in my case, running and cycling) i predominantly look at fashion aspects - uniqueness, nice fabrications, attention to detail etc... that's just my thing though, i like fashion, and one could easily turn my argument around and say that fashion is unnecessary which essentially it is.

so ultimately - different strokes for different folks or what have you.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
It's true, you are correct. However, your other links advertise Nike, Reebok, DC's, Vans etc. None of which are Japanese.
You are right and wrong there. While the brands are not from Japan (Nike etc), the links I posted were for stores that sell goods where non-japanese brands have collaborated with Japanese brands or released items limited only to japan.

And for the instance of Converse - everywhere in the world besides Japan, converse is owned and run by Nike. In Japan it is it's own company so all it's releases are for Japan only. About 50% of the collection is even made in Japan. Converse Japan is a lot better then the international converse in my opinion. Far more interesting releases.