LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

11-04-2010, 01:58 AM

Pull off the lolita style better?

not at all

Do you think overweight girls should just stop wearing lolita?

yes, but I also think the far too skinny girls also should stop

Do you think brand should be made in bigger sizes because thin girls don't look as good in it?

no, dear god please no for the sake of all men's eyes
unfortunately the super thin girls just buy the kid-versions and you can' t prevent it

a little chubby is best imo

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
boinky78 (Offline)
JF Regular

11-04-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyFields View Post
I really think the chubby girls look so cute in Lolita wear. Little stumpy fingers, round eyes, pudgy legs, curly hair... they look so innocent & childlike, like a doll. More authentic.

You don't see skinny dolls do you ?
yea

tbh when i think childlike i think fragile little body
with a baby face
basicly a girl who looks like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I'd say the Lolita style doesn't suit anyone. At all. Overweight or skinny, those girls would look much better in normal clothes. I don't get why people feel the need to tell the world how different and special they are by putting on weird clothing. Cause that's what it is, no offense. I agree everyone can wear whatever they want, but then again it's okay for people to judge them, because they moment they decide to go out in the streets looking that way, they know they'll get stares, and it's because they want to be judged and noticed that they do it. I don't mean it in a bad way, but it's obvious they wanna get people's attention, otherwise I don't get why they'd wanna dress that way. They might feel comfy and pretty and whatever else, but the fact that they choose to stand out from a crowd talks about who they are, and if you want people to notice that, you might a well be prepared to get stares.
So because everyone doesnt wanna dress like you do you assume they want attention?
And here I thought thinking for yourself was a good thing
why would you want to dress boring if you can afford to look beautiful?

Last edited by boinky78 : 11-04-2010 at 04:18 AM.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
bobkerry (Offline)
New to JF

11-04-2010, 09:16 PM

i think brands should be in bigger sizes too because i myself find sometime difficulty while shopping...so this should be there in order to release this tension
(#104 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

11-05-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky78 View Post
tbh when i think childlike i think fragile little body
with a baby face
basicly a girl who looks like this
If I am reading this correctly, you think overweight girls, or even a little fat, should not try to dress this way? Because they can't do the fragile little body look?

If that is what you are saying, I agree entirely!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

11-05-2010, 02:26 PM

=O PAEDO CONVENTION. Oh wait, sorry, that was a an easy mistake.

Look, honey, I know that we women regard youthfulness as this amazing life source, but think back to when you were 14? No one looked that amazing, in fact most of us were going through a spotty puberty phase, in addition to terrifying period cramps because you've just never felt pain like that before.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#106 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
So because everyone doesnt wanna dress like you do you assume they want attention?
And here I thought thinking for yourself was a good thing
why would you want to dress boring if you can afford to look beautiful?
Of course they seek attention. If they didn't want it, then why would they choose to dress in a way they know will get attention?

I'm not saying everyone should dress like me, I'm saying if they wanna be taken seriously, they shouldn't dress like they live in a world where everyday's dress up in a costume day. Period.

Dress boring...? So not getting yourself to look like you're about to entener some costume contest is boring. I can afford whatever I want, but I don't want to look like I'm stuck in the age of 10. And like I said, no girl looks better in Lolita clothes than they do in normal clothes. Unless, of course, they are dressing up. I suggest you go to a job interview looking like that, see how proud that makes you feel in that situation.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#107 (permalink))
Old
boinky78 (Offline)
JF Regular

11-08-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Of course they seek attention. If they didn't want it, then why would they choose to dress in a way they know will get attention?

I'm not saying everyone should dress like me, I'm saying if they wanna be taken seriously, they shouldn't dress like they live in a world where everyday's dress up in a costume day. Period.

Dress boring...? So not getting yourself to look like you're about to entener some costume contest is boring. I can afford whatever I want, but I don't want to look like I'm stuck in the age of 10. And like I said, no girl looks better in Lolita clothes than they do in normal clothes. Unless, of course, they are dressing up. I suggest you go to a job interview looking like that, see how proud that makes you feel in that situation.
I perfer lolita because i just like victorian/Rococo fashion
I like it because its doll like/elegant and not all of it looks "kiddish"
what about classic lolita?or gothic lolita?You're just thinking about sweet lolita
In the 1700s-1800s women wore clothes similar to classic lolita all the time
are you saying they all looked like 10 year olds?hell if you look a paintings of marie antoinette some of her dresses look a lot like the lolita dresses worn today
I dont like attention at all its just I find "normal clothes" boring to look at
and I wish there werent so many people with your mentality
so people could wear what they like w/o random people harassing them or
making weird comments

Last edited by boinky78 : 11-08-2010 at 03:39 AM.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-18-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I perfer lolita because i just like victorian/Rococo fashion
I like it because its doll like/elegant and not all of it looks "kiddish"
what about classic lolita?or gothic lolita?You're just thinking about sweet lolita
In the 1700s-1800s women wore clothes similar to classic lolita all the time
are you saying they all looked like 10 year olds?hell if you look a paintings of marie antoinette some of her dresses look a lot like the lolita dresses worn today
I dont like attention at all its just I find "normal clothes" boring to look at
and I wish there werent so many people with your mentality
so people could wear what they like w/o random people harassing them or
making weird comments
I'm not harassing anyone, I'm just giving out my opinion since this is the purpose of this thread. Since you are not a doll nor are you living in the 1700s-1800s, wearing this kind of clothes as a day-to-day outfit is a bit out of place, in my opinion. And clothes are not meant to be fun to look at. I'm not saying you all should stop wearing what you want to wear. What I'm saying is, you go around looking like you dressed up in a costume and never took it off. I would not want people to notice me cause of how I dress and make judgements. You wanna do it? Go ahead. But frankly, would you go to a job interview in those clothes? Do you really think you'd make a good first impression?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#109 (permalink))
Old
LolisanX (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2010, 06:19 AM

Bigger girls, when doing Lolita, imo, don't look as great as the thinner ones who do it. However, when a thinner girl does Decora, she doesn't look as good as the bigger ones who do Decora. Being that I can never be "thin", I just stick with what works for me. And if I ever do think about doing Lolita in the future, I've got some dieting to do. Haha.

currently watching: Jigoku Shoujo ( Hell Girl ) ♪
==================================
★ =( ^.^)= こんにちは私はヒイラギだ!
http://lolisanx.deviantart.com
(#110 (permalink))
Old
markspencer (Offline)
New to JF

03-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Well technically styles aren't limited to a certain body type because they're made in different sizes, however that's not to say that a certain body type looks better in certain styles or that a certain style was created for a certain body type. As far as Lolita go, i think it's usually the slimmer the easier it is to pull it off but I don't doubt those that aren't as skinny can also make it look cute and attractive.