JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
raiyuu (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy Making Visual Kei clothing? - 07-15-2010, 07:32 AM

Hello

I absoultly love Visual Kei fashion, but it's really hard for me to get the clothes to pull it off because I live in Australia.
Many online shops don't ship to my country, or I just don't like what they sell...
I have bought some clothes off eBay, however, I hardly get the money to pay for it... and to be honest, eBay isn't that great.

I was wondering how I could make my own Visual Kei clothes?
I've had some ideas... but I need to sketch them up first...

I'm afraid I'll measure myself up wrong or totally stuff up by the time I finish.
Does anyone have some suggestions on how I could make my clothes myself... and stop myself from making mistakes?

Thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

07-15-2010, 08:13 AM

I think that a thread about the same topic is already opened in this forum...
this may help a bit (I am not sure, it only gives you information): How to wear Visual Kei clothing

I am here in Japan, but I don't think that I can help you with that... I mean, if it was a kimono or a yukata, I would've sent you by post... But I don't like those modern clothes at all~ gomenne~

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
raiyuu (Offline)
New to JF

07-15-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsuto11 View Post
I think that a thread about the same topic is already opened in this forum...
yeah, i was actually going to say in my first post that i think there was one up already...
thanks for the website too

"the only way to get away from loneliness, is to love it."
~ moi dix mois - monophobia.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
crossline (Offline)
New to JF

07-27-2010, 03:55 PM

i think the best way to go is to try to design your own clothes. just find a seamstress or something, that is if you don't know how to sew. i use this to play around with fashion. Virtual Fashion Works it's a neat toy. and it's a pretty good investment and who knows, you just might find your niche in fashion designing.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
07-29-2010, 08:48 PM

I made my own visual kei pants

All I did was take a pair of pants that fit around the waist, and that I wouldn't mind cutting (these we're short on me so I never used to wear them) then just cut them where you would like the "shorts" to end, then cut the bottom hem off of the bottom of the pant leg.
Then just sew the edges over so there's no fraying, and take the bottom hem that you cut off earler and cut it in half, (these will be your straps) and then just sew them on either the sides like Uruha, or on the front and back like mine...Hope that helps ^.^

alice nine