JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Kimonos/Furisode/Yukata (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/339-kimonos-furisode-yukata.html)

Mukuge 12-03-2006 10:48 PM

I can't describe in words.. I think kimonos are the prettiest garments on earth maybe. I wish I had one. I love geisha photo's ^^

Avary_Ninja 12-04-2006 11:49 AM

Let's have tea

MasterHien 12-04-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukuge (Post 12611)
I can't describe in words.. I think kimonos are the prettiest garments on earth maybe. I wish I had one. I love geisha photo's ^^

i geuss they are pretty garment i think most girls would wish for one haha!
but it look like a very hard clothing to wear lol

Mukuge 12-04-2006 01:51 PM

Yea, true, I do think they are very hard to wear. All the different parts, and then HOW to wear them.. I mean, what do geishas do when they have to go to the bathroom?

Gwen_Goth 12-04-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukuge (Post 12693)
Yea, true, I do think they are very hard to wear. All the different parts, and then HOW to wear them.. I mean, what do geishas do when they have to go to the bathroom?

haha

wearing a proper obi is a bit like a corset; its resricting but comfortable, same for the toilet lol ; its all just skirts for the geisha / maiko so lift em up ;)

they have standing toilets in japan for both men and women; you'd just have to learn not to drape anything in them :p

the horror! :eek:

Mukuge 12-04-2006 05:46 PM

Whoaaa... respect to that o.0

kitalia8807 12-04-2006 06:04 PM

oh my gosh.
haha. -.-

Guza 12-04-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth (Post 12765)
haha

wearing a proper obi is a bit like a corset; its resricting but comfortable, same for the toilet lol ; its all just skirts for the geisha / maiko so lift em up ;)

they have standing toilets in japan for both men and women; you'd just have to learn not to drape anything in them :p

the horror! :eek:

oh ive heard of these toliets, there all over the place in korea...though ive never used one

Mukuge 12-04-2006 09:16 PM

also, I wonder.. How is geisha officialy pronounced?

CrimsonNataku 12-04-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukuge (Post 12903)
also, I wonder.. How is geisha officialy pronounced?

Gei is pronounced like "gay" and sha is pronounced like "shiya," with only a little stress on the "i."

Maiko are apprentice geisha. When they have completed their training, they exchange their garments for those normally worn by geisha.

I own both a yukata and a furisode, which I got on sale because it was used (had only a minor stain on the inside collar!). I love wearing them, and once you get used to certain things, they're pretty easy to put on. I do have to say, however, occasionally they can be a little impeding. Especially when you need to run somewhere ^_^;