LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

02-01-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Sometimes I wear fake lashes but I've yet to try circle lenses.

As a cosplayer and a fan of Lolita, I wouldn't say it's an asian only thing or only looks good on asians. Lolita looks weird to the outside world whether you are asian or not, and most people hate it, so the ethnicity doesn't really bother me.

My eyes are pretty small and I have very thin eyelids so wearing lashes and probably wearing circle lenses wouldn't look too weird for me, but I'd never go so big that you can't see the whites of my eyes, that'd look weird.

As for the first pictures, the girl is pulling a stupid face which doesn't help, lol. Think it might be a little too much on the black eyeshadow.

Second girl looks like she's put a bit too much on and it's made her eyes water or something?

This is my eyeliner/lash look, no contacts. Don't think it looks too OTT but some people might disagree:

I think you look beautiful MissMisa. Don't care about the haters and keep posting more pics. GO GO!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-02-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
I like more the western cosplayers, there a lot of manga and anime characters that don't look Asian at all with big eyes green or blue, blond or red hair and white skin. A good cosplayer is the one that can portray the character as close as possible, so you can recognise it right away. Of course, if the character has Asian looks an Asian cosplayer would be more appropriate.

Still, I think some Asian cosplayers and models in general, try too hard to look extremely cute, some of them look like children even though they're on their twenties! It's kind of creepy and I'm not into Asian girls anyway. And the picture eePhantom posted is awesome!
Cartoon characters generally don't really look like ANY race. I think we just make associations because of the place of origin.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Anime characters have a large varity of hair color, eye color and hair styles so people could tell the different characters apart. Least orginally that was the reason. Anime has a lot more "western" characters in them than before, where they state what country they hailed from. ( Britain and France seem to be the big two right now)Though the names useually are the real key.

As to fashion, I never really cared, I just wear what works for what I'm doing. Performance is more important than look to me. Sides, Midwestern look is T-shirt ( useually with some logo), Bluejeans and tennis shoes. Not really alot of "catwalk" material here.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Ojamajoz (Offline)
New to JF

02-02-2011, 06:08 PM

Hey MisaMisa, when I look at your photo, all I see is a girl wearing regular make-up. What makes it gyaru? I mean, it looks good, but I don't understand how it's gyaru. It just looks like regular makeup. I don't know much about gyaru, though, so I'm probably wrong.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
02-04-2011, 03:14 AM

I love cosplay. I also think Japanese, Chinese, Korean's make the best cosplayers. Now that is my opinion and its worth about the value of the type its written in. I love to watch, see, photo good gosplayers and I think that if western, eastern, northern whatever -ern, If they want to wear big lenses, dress in Lolita goth or otherwise, it is simply their business and none of us have the right to give them grief over it. As long as they are not harassing you, harming anyone or doing it for racist purposes then...if you don't like it...don't look. Good Goddess almighty, don't we have something that doesn't pick somebody's personal space, to talk about?

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Cayla (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Ojamajoz, please don't be offended, but I guess if you can't spot the difference you are quite possibly male? Haha.

Aside from that, the differences are subtle. I'm not fully gyaru, but my makeup does resemble the gyaru style. Like I said though, gyaru just doesn't look gyaru on white girls even though the makeup is the same.

But the makeup is gyaru, and here's why:

- The eyelashes are fake. They are quite noticably not real, unless you aren't particularly observent.

- The inside of the eyes are lined with white eyeshadow. This is a common technique Gyaru's use to make the eyes appear wider.

- There is a thick layer of eyeliner along the top with a small flick to make the eyes appear wider.

- The most noticable and unusual thing about my makeup is that the bottom of the line doesn't go all the way across. The line is much thicker towards the corner of the eye and finishes just over 3 quarters of the way across the bottom of the eye.

- I also have more blusher than normal, there.

It probably looks all the same to most people not familiar with the style. This is how I normally wear my makeup, with the exception of the fake eyelashes, and girls always notice it's different to the norm.
Hi, misa!! I know this is totally of subject but I heard you like Death Note?
Am I right? Well I think Death Note is awesome!! It is my favorite anime show!!!!! My favorite character is Ryuk!!
I would really like to meet you!! I hope you write back!!