JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Distortedshell
Japanese T-shirt brands. - 08-03-2011, 11:10 AM

I love wearing t-shirts. My clothing style is very much like surfer/skateboarder/rock enthusiast. Are there any cool Japanese T-shirt Brands that are very popular, Mainstream or well known among surfers,skateboarders, or rock enthusiasts in Japan ? Please name those brands and if you have pictures or can provide internet links please do so. and if you know any obscure Japanese T-shirt brands name those too!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedshell View Post
I love wearing t-shirts. My clothing style is very much like surfer/skateboarder/rock enthusiast. Are there any cool Japanese T-shirt Brands that are very popular, Mainstream or well known among surfers,skateboarders, or rock enthusiasts in Japan ? Please name those brands and if you have pictures or can provide internet links please do so. and if you know any obscure Japanese T-shirt brands name those too!
I know nothing about the surfer/skateboarder/rock world. But, in Japan, there is a chain store name Jeans Mate. They sell humorous T-Shirts by Buden Akindo and more serious ones by Houjou Tenka. They are not popular persay but are worth looking into.. do a search in Rakuten for pictures and such using these 2 keywords

豊天商店 - Buden Akindo
豊穣天下 - Houjou Tenka

I believe they are the same company, with Houjou selling better quality (and more expensive), more mature clothing......

Some of these will definitely fit your skateboarder/surfer world
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I know nothing about the surfer/skateboarder/rock world. But, in Japan, there is a chain store name Jeans Mate. They sell humorous T-Shirts by Buden Akindo and more serious ones by Houjou Tenka. They are not popular persay but are worth looking into.. do a search in Rakuten for pictures and such using these 2 keywords

豊天商店 - Buden Akindo
豊穣天下 - Houjou Tenka

I believe they are the same company, with Houjou selling better quality (and more expensive), more mature clothing......

Some of these will definitely fit your skateboarder/surfer world
I'm not sure I went to the right Rakuten. This is where I went: All Rakuten Services

I looked up both brands on Rakuten and afterwards I googled both to see what else I can find. Somehow I end up finding this shirt and I don't know why but for some reason I like it: ˭ŷ��Ź

I don't know if that shirt is of the same brand as Buden Akindo, but that's what google showed through many images, and even so I have no idea what it says. But I like the shirt and this may be somewhat closer to my alley and I am not sure, but maybe also not what I am looking for. I liked Buden Akindo better than Houjou Tenka. Houjou Tenka seems to have too much design all over, and it's too "busy" for me to look at. But still, thank you for your suggestions! and if you know of any others please feel free to mention them.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Rakuten: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/

and yes, that particular one is by Buden Akindo (豊天商店).

You can either use a redirecting service to get them through Rakuten or get it from one of the online store, like J-Shoppers or yes style
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Rakuten: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/

and yes, that particular one is by Buden Akindo (豊天商店).

You can either use a redirecting service to get them through Rakuten or get it from one of the online store, like J-Shoppers or yes style
Thanks! I will look those online stores up.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Hard to talk Japanese t-shirts without mentioning Uniqlo

http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/ut/top/
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Hard to talk Japanese t-shirts without mentioning Uniqlo

http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/ut/top/
Oh, yes! There's a Uniqlo store in Manhattan. I go there all the time. But yes, it's truly an awesome store. I bought a shirt there last month. Right now it's my favorite shirt!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

08-19-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetimm407 View Post
Looking for some new threads? Check out this ultimate brand collection of mens t shirts! No matter what your style or budget you are bound to find some bad-ass t shirts in the list below. The brands are not in any order other then alphabetical and the screen shots are provided to give you a quick look at what style each clothing line is going for.
1. Affliction
2. Armani Exchange
Those Affliction graphic tees look a lot like the ones the cast from the Jersey Shore like to wear. I'm not into that style, but some people really love that style. I'm also not into the V neck shirts. I don't know..... I just feel awkward wearing them.

The Armani Exchange shirts are always nice in my book, as long as they don't have the heavy busy graphic designs on them.

Thanks though!

Last edited by Distortedshell : 08-19-2011 at 04:19 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-19-2011, 04:42 AM

There was a store in Hakata called Graniph or something....

So... Hm
Its a bit pricey. Sorry I am not showing male choices, I am a female.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-19-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
There was a store in Hakata called Graniph or something....

So... Hm
Its a bit pricey. Sorry I am not showing male choices, I am a female.
I think that is a chain store. Really cool shirts... can be pricey but they usually have sale items.