JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Visual kei (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/706-visual-kei.html)

GitarisutoKao 11-22-2006 12:18 AM

Visual kei

I want to know what you guys think about visual kei,the style of the jrockers....i personally like it very much..its very interesting...i love it actually!!!!:D

Okimoto_Tatsuki 11-22-2006 04:45 PM

I like alot too. I did a visual-kei cosplay last year for halloween.

GitarisutoKao 11-22-2006 11:25 PM

Me too!!!!!^^I love it so much i could just squeeze it!!!To death!!!!

Ryoutsu 11-23-2006 02:38 AM

I like the colourful coat the guy wore from Moonchild. The assasin dude who was with the other assasin dude who killed Gackt's brother. Would that be visual Kei?

GitarisutoKao 11-23-2006 02:46 AM

uuummm...i dont think so...maybe if it were like...some guy that was a jrocker...idk..maybe.....:confused:

antithetical 11-23-2006 05:29 AM

Visual Kei is cool.

There's other type of jrock too.
-oshare kei; That like umm.. AN Cafe, if you know of them
-eroguro-kei; Is I think sexually or erotic or something like that
-angura kei
-visual ongaku

and the other two I don't know. =T

Furrere 11-23-2006 02:27 PM

Really?There are that many types?!すごいね..Actually I do cosplay smtimes too..the problem is that you cannot find clothes here, you've to do it by yourself.The same problem with Gothic Lolita..but there is still brave people who try to do it anyway..and, I have to admit it, sm kind of style..can be worn only by jap people(tatoeba: wear hundreds on shirts one over the other)..

Fure

GitarisutoKao 11-23-2006 07:03 PM

hai but my fave is dir en grey styles.....in their indies days!!!:D

EbonyVampiria 11-24-2006 08:47 AM

It's like most things there are so many different types it is tricky to tell which is which especially if people like to mix styles
moonchild is a great film and most of the clothes are "alternative" and that coat was certainly interesting hehe

Kazel_visual kei lover 11-24-2006 01:39 PM

Gazette

I want the clothes from ruki (gazette) so much.Where can i get it?

GitarisutoKao 11-24-2006 08:17 PM

uummm you can try cosplay.com,they might give you tips on where to find stuff....

NarutoX 11-26-2006 12:03 PM

i like the gazzete and alicenine style
they have the buitifuls clothes..

GitarisutoKao 11-26-2006 07:49 PM

yes,i like gazette's style,they rock!!!

Maester 11-26-2006 10:40 PM

Omg... I'm worried about the persons dressed like that on the 'street'...
have they lost their mind or something, yea...maybe in a clip.
But sh*t not in public man....
they wear it because they NEED to be seen... :eek: :eek: :pandasleep:

GitarisutoKao 11-26-2006 11:46 PM

well i guess i need to be seen as well...and maybe i like being needed to see!!!

Maester 11-26-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GitarisutoKao (Post 10128)
well i guess i need to be seen as well...and maybe i like being needed to see!!!

You'll get enough looks from me :D (if you know what i'm saying :p :p )

GitarisutoKao 11-26-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maester (Post 10129)
You'll get enough looks from me :D (if you know what i'm saying :p :p )

YYYAAYYY!!!i love getting looks from you!!hehehehe!!:smokingbear:

Renga 12-22-2006 12:36 PM

Visual *_*

Hello!!!
I'm new in this forum, and i'm not english, so my english is poorly (I think XDD)
Well, I :rheart: visual kei :D I'm a visual in my city with my friends and I have a group with them called "J-Lovers"... Now I have passed to the final in a competition called "Otakuvision", for sing *_*
I'm so nervious!!!!! TT_TT
Well... I don't now if these shops are in your city/country, but I go shopping in CANDEM and in SOUL...
"Candem" is more expensive than "Soul"... o_o
But you can buy Visual clothes buying Shoxxs Magazine... In this mag. you can troube the clothes section for buy visual clothes.
^^

Natchan 12-22-2006 05:07 PM

I think that its awsome! Very unique style, and its deffinately something that you remember. Theres no way on this planet that I could get away dressing like that so I respect anyone that can look that awsome!

GitarisutoKao 12-22-2006 08:13 PM

I only look visual kei in my spare time and sometimes at skool...otherwise im just a punk junkie kid....

Guro 01-03-2007 10:57 PM

I love Visual Kei. It's really cool~
I don't dress it or anything, though...
'Cause I don't have a job or anything so that I can get money for clothes and shit.
[The only thing I can do right now is babysit, but no one needs it...] -__-|||

By the time I'm ready for my trip to Japan after my junior year, though, I'm going to try to go to a few stores with Visual-y in Japan, if I can. XD
I wanna make stuff, too, though. <3

NekoSuave 01-12-2007 03:12 AM

I adore the style of Mana. :) So beautiful.

EbonyVampiria 01-12-2007 12:44 PM

you are right about mana indeed, I just love the way that you can make it look so different and individual

Aslira 01-12-2007 06:34 PM

Do you mean Mana-sama from Malice Mizer or Mana-sama from Moi Dix Mois?? He changed his style after the changed bands..I like his Malice Mizer style better:rheart:

I love visual kei. I'm a big J-rock fan and I love the PV's because of the clothing :rheart: *too bad I still bussy with getting to know more bands*

EbonyVampiria 01-13-2007 10:42 PM

I do not really have a preference as I think he looks good regardless to be honest :-)

Maku 01-13-2007 10:54 PM

I like visual kei a lot!
I did an essay on it for my college coursework.
My favourite VK band would be X Japan, Hide (RIP) in particular.

The band I'm with is J-Rock orientated, so when we play over there we're going all visual ^.^

Haseo 01-15-2007 03:07 AM

Yeah. My band, We The Guilty, is Visual Kei-orientated as well. The vocals, Ranse, he's doing military visual kei, along with a Miyavi style. (Think Kyo's militaryesque outfit from Obscure.) Myself, I'm doing Dir en Grey's Cage look. Zei's doing Gazette-like visual kei, and Jeff is going for hide's visual kei style. But...so.. Yeah.. Hope you'll buy our album when it releases! ^-^ It's called "VIRAL Code". One more thing that I forgot. I'ma be making a couple of fashion lines in the near future. One for all those who wanna dress visual kei, and those of us who dress up like a modern day hacker. "Déchiré'N'Déchiré en lambeaux Battu'N'Dispersé" and "Massacre de Techno". Translated from French to English, it means "Torn'N'Tattered Thrashed'N'Scattered" and "Techno Massacre". First one being for visual kei, and second one for hackers. And, if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to message me about these things. ^-^ Au revoir

direnchasity 01-15-2007 06:35 AM

I love Shinya's and Toshiya's clothing. From Dir En Grey. Shinya has THE prettiest dresses. I plan on going to a cosplay convention this year as Toshiya. =]

direnchasity 01-15-2007 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslira (Post 22168)
Do you mean Mana-sama from Malice Mizer or Mana-sama from Moi Dix Mois?? He changed his style after the changed bands..I like his Malice Mizer style better:rheart:

I love visual kei. I'm a big J-rock fan and I love the PV's because of the clothing :rheart: *too bad I still bussy with getting to know more bands*

Mana was gorgeous in Malice Mizer. I mean, he still is, but I prefer Malice. I'm a biggg old school Mana fan. Drop dead gorgeous. I loved the Gothic Lolita dresses. like that white dress he wore, with the pigtails? soo pretty. :rheart:

Aslira 01-15-2007 06:54 PM

I want to steal all of his dress from Malice Mizer..he is indeed drop-dead gorgeous in those...:rheart: :rheart:

GreenEyes 01-18-2007 02:06 PM

I love VK, I'd love to dress in it but I can't, it wouldn't really fit in here.... and i don't have any clothes like that

MariYa 01-18-2007 06:32 PM

try this site, they have all kinds of costumes BlackCerenity

I also love the cosplay look. I love the look of guys in jrock costumes. Thats so cool and I love when they are not afraid to put on some make up or black nail polish. I think it shows that they are really confident and not afraid of what others might think

GreenEyes 01-18-2007 09:15 PM

Yeah that's great isn't it. I love cosplay

Maku 01-18-2007 09:22 PM

I like cosplay.
Some of my friends are planning to go to a convention sometime dressed as 12 of the 13 captains.
I wanted to be Histugaya, but they already had someone for him T_T
The only one I'd suit is Aizen, but I wanted to go as Ishida -_-
I give up.

Back on topic, my favourite style of visual kei has to be the ever changing style that Hide had.
It was just brilliant.
RIP.

Haseo 01-18-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maku (Post 25220)
I like cosplay.
Some of my friends are planning to go to a convention sometime dressed as 12 of the 13 captains.
I wanted to be Histugaya, but they already had someone for him T_T
The only one I'd suit is Aizen, but I wanted to go as Ishida -_-
I give up.

Back on topic, my favourite style of visual kei has to be the ever changing style that Hide had.
It was just brilliant.
RIP.

Here here. My favorite style of visual kei was Die in his leather and belt strap outfit. I have a picture. Somewhere.

HydeBR 01-18-2007 09:58 PM

I like visual kei too o/
but a had a litle problem with this =_=''''
it was when i didn't know many things about j-rock...
i thought that Mana (of Moi Dix Mois) really was a girl ;-----;
i really thought "Ohhh she's so beautifullllll *---¬*"
but after i discovered that was a boy ;----------;
so sometimes visual kei can make some problemss for newbies x.x'''''

MariYa 01-18-2007 10:03 PM

yeah, it could confuse some J-rock freshmen. But it's ok everybody gets confused and makes mistakes sometime.

Maku 01-18-2007 10:04 PM

There's too many out there that look way too convincing as girls.
It does get a bit confusing sometimes, when you can't remember which ones are women and which ones aren't, but you get used to it after a while and it becomes a lot easier to recognise them :)

HydeBR 01-18-2007 10:19 PM

but sometimes is very hard to recognize what is boy and what is woman x.x'''
Watch the PV "beast of blood" of malice mizer. Mana is like a girl!!! It's praticaly impossible to see that he's a boy x_x'

EbonyVampiria 01-18-2007 11:57 PM

I do agree that telling if they are a boy or girl can be quite difficult, and by what it seems a little embarrassing :-)