(#81 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

12-01-2007, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarshudder View Post
Was Tenchu always such a troll?
Is troll some kind of secret code for something? like . . . nevermind . . .

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITADAKIMASU View Post
look it up in urbandictionary
A troll is someone that answers in ways to incite anger from other posters or create conflict where is doesn't exist.

Tenchu creates conflict, but not because he's a troll, but because he is loopy.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Agreed, cept I do not use the word 'loopy' , I prefer 'the mentally and emotionally challenged' .

LOL, no really, I am often harsh, but it is always inspired by something said. Someone who is mean for no reason is a troll. Sides, a lot of the time people think I am being mean, I am just being brutally honest on what I think, and it is not directed at anyone. Everyone who thinks I am mean to them should step back first and consider if I am really talking to them or about them or not. Coz a lot of people mis understand me. I am not looking for an argument here on this forum. The talks I like best are in depth ones where we do disagree (coz if you both agree on everything it ends quick) but still are nice to each other. Someone who gets emotionally involved on a computer is a bit fruity...
i've never had a problem with you and i don't think you're too mean... in fact you might argue agresively but that doesn't make you mean... just like me, if you say something against what i truely believe in, i'll kick your ass verbally, but that doesn't make me mean!!!

ignore the people that think you're mean, those people always want someone to agree with them instead of argue, i can actually name a few people like that on this site that bug the hell out of me cos they say the stupidest shit just so they fit in with everyone else
(#84 (permalink))
Old
temudzjin (Offline)
New to JF

12-01-2007, 10:17 AM

Though i'm dutch personally chopsticks are just more fun to eat with.
And for the western eating method? well all you really need is an spoon.
Ahh the things you learn in the asylum (Army) really amazing

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.

Timothy Leary
(#85 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
i've never had a problem with you and i don't think you're too mean... in fact you might argue agresively but that doesn't make you mean... just like me, if you say something against what i truely believe in, i'll kick your ass verbally, but that doesn't make me mean!!!

ignore the people that think you're mean, those people always want someone to agree with them instead of argue, i can actually name a few people like that on this site that bug the hell out of me cos they say the stupidest shit just so they fit in with everyone else
I have plenty of problems with some of Tenchu's opinions...but not in his ability to post.

You know I'll fight tooth-and-nail about my opinions, too.

I bet we both have the same short list of ...undesireables...
(#86 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I have plenty of problems with some of Tenchu's opinions...but not in his ability to post.

You know I'll fight tooth-and-nail about my opinions, too.

I bet we both have the same short list of ...undesireables...
Yep, i know... thats probably one of the reasons i like to debate with you!! To be honest, the only 3 people i like to even debate with or consider their posts "seriously" enough for me to react are You, Tenchu and ivi0nk3y.
The simple reason for this is none of you seem to follow the crowd without thinking, though sometimes i will disagree with your reasonings, at least you didn't just accept what a newsreporter or teacher said to you!!!
(#87 (permalink))
Old
loveless09 (Offline)
New to JF

12-03-2007, 01:46 AM

only thing im having trouble with is trying to pick up the tofu they put in miso soup. i love me some miso soup but that tofu is just so slippery since its waterlogged. But miso soaked tofu is the best tasting tofu ever...except for jerked tofu and fried tofu...MMMmmmmm^^

i miss having miso and tofu with breakfast and dinner everyday...(T-T)

dont get me started on tuna and mayo onigiri...HEAVEN
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Camui (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-04-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Yep, i know... thats probably one of the reasons i like to debate with you!! To be honest, the only 3 people i like to even debate with or consider their posts "seriously" enough for me to react are You, Tenchu and ivi0nk3y.
The simple reason for this is none of you seem to follow the crowd without thinking, though sometimes i will disagree with your reasonings, at least you didn't just accept what a newsreporter or teacher said to you!!!
I like you already. xD

Anyone on a forum who states their mind without letting other's bias get in the way has a good head on their shoulders. Too many people nowadays go with the flow, jump on the bandwagon, etc.

As for me, I state my mind, and if someone doesn't like what I say, I don't get mad at them, I respect them. That's not to say that I don't take up for myself as well though.

Anyway, chopsticks are really fun and intriguing to eat with, in my opinion. Ever since I first started eating with them (for any type of food in America that is suited for chopsticks xD) I have been using them ever since. Especially with ramen. xD

Now, I do see how chopsticks could improve your concentration. To a certain extent, at least while you are learning how to use them, I'd say that it is possible. One reason being that you have to concentrate so that your fingers support the chopsticks, while also gripping onto the food. xD

In history, at least from what I have read, when the Europeans first explored Japan, they brought with them their knives. In early European times, they didn't use forks and spoons yet. So, to a Japanese person, the way a European person ate, looked rather untidy and disgusting to them. xD The Europeans only ate with a knife and their hands.

Chopsticks look much more graceful to me. I personally like eating with chopsticks over a knife, spoon, and fork, but that could also have to with my love of Japan. xD

Anyway, back on history...the Japanese didn't want to use a knife, because they thought that a sharp object should not be present at the dinner table. Or rather, an object that was like a sword, probably to them.

I admire how the Japanese have kept their heritage of eating with chopsticks.

Now, that is just a rough history about the chopstick. If anyone knows more about it, feel free to post more about it.

Also, sorry if I posted anything that someone else has stated already. I didn't look back at the other pages. xD

Assassin's Creed

mysinging
私の歌唱

Last edited by Camui : 12-04-2007 at 12:36 AM.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Ebba (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Ebba
12-07-2007, 10:06 PM

so much easier to find two sticks than a fork in the woods
it's probably a matter of history. Asian people were civilized compared to westarn people that mostly ate with their hands
(#90 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2007, 02:03 AM

Hey now, eating with hands is not uncivilized! In plenty of countries it's the traditional way of eating, and is supposed to make the food taste better Different methods of eating for different foods, makes sense.

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts