JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Is there a Japanese or an Asian market in your area?
Yes, both a Japanese and Asian market. 37 38.54%
Only an Asian market. 35 36.46%
Only a Japanese market. 1 1.04%
Neither! 13 13.54%
I have no clue. 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

02-17-2009, 09:29 PM

I think the south has the best stores though. ^^

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.

Last edited by Pexster : 05-22-2009 at 04:07 PM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

02-17-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
I live close to the arlington heights stuff. There are 3 asian markets all around Mitsuwa and Woodfield. I think its an H mart and Asii i think.
Ohhhhh yeah! I know what you're talking about!
I think I'm actually going to Mitsuwa this weekend
cause my birthday's Sunday...
(#33 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

02-18-2009, 02:08 AM

I'm lucky to have both...San Francisco-Japantown with its supermarket (the name escapes me) plus in my neck of the woods (East Bay) we got tons of stores like Ranch 99 etc...yea it rocks! XDDDDDD

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#34 (permalink))
Old
HaruHotaru (Offline)
JF Regular

02-18-2009, 08:54 PM

I live in (the heart of) Texas, and though it's only happened in the past 6-10 years we finally did get an Asian Market (MT Market) and a Japanese market (Asahi). The Japanese market is considerably smaller, and quite a drive away from where I live... the groceries are slim pickins', too... but somethiing is certainly better'n nothing!

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-19-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuukilovesbrownies View Post
The reason I'm asking this is because today I went to the awesome-est slice of Japan there is in New Jersey. I'm talking about Mitsuwa Marketplace. I was like a kid in a candy store. Well I spent most of my time in the candy section, so I kinda was a kid in a candy store. Mitsuwa sells every Japanese food item you can imagine as well as appliances and beauty products. There is also a food court where I enjoyed some delicious shoyu ramen that I regret not finishing. Specialty Japanese stores owned by Mitsuwa surround the market place. Sanseido Bookstore is one of them. They sell Japanese books, magazines, manga, and even DVD rentals of the best Japanese movies and dorama. I can't get over this place! I NEED TO GO AGAIN!!! Oh and in my town there is a small Asian supermarket, but they don't sell much. Enough of my rant. what about you guys?
You can order from Mitsuwa online, they have more available at their site then they do in their stores.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
yuukilovesbrownies (Offline)
New to JF

02-19-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
You can order from Mitsuwa online, they have more available at their site then they do in their stores.
The products aren't the only reason I go there. It just feels like an authentic Japanese supermarket. Pshhh, like I know what authentic Japanese is. Still, it's a great place to go on weekends. The food is really good and the view of Manhattan from the Hudson River is amazing.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
iatethechildren (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to iatethechildren Send a message via MSN to iatethechildren Send a message via Yahoo to iatethechildren
02-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Hmm, I don't really know what kind it was. I just know that it sold Pocky and Ramune. Haha.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
AmyFoodie (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuukilovesbrownies View Post
The reason I'm asking this is because today I went to the awesome-est slice of Japan there is in New Jersey. I'm talking about Mitsuwa Marketplace. I was like a kid in a candy store. Well I spent most of my time in the candy section, so I kinda was a kid in a candy store. Mitsuwa sells every Japanese food item you can imagine as well as appliances and beauty products. There is also a food court where I enjoyed some delicious shoyu ramen that I regret not finishing. Specialty Japanese stores owned by Mitsuwa surround the market place. Sanseido Bookstore is one of them. They sell Japanese books, magazines, manga, and even DVD rentals of the best Japanese movies and dorama. I can't get over this place! I NEED TO GO AGAIN!!! Oh and in my town there is a small Asian supermarket, but they don't sell much. Enough of my rant. what about you guys?
I love this place! LOOOVE the sake selection!

Last edited by AmyFoodie : 05-15-2009 at 05:51 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-15-2009, 05:50 PM

Where I live, there are two Asian Markets. They are owned by nice Korean couples. Sadly, this means that there is hardly any Japanese stuff to choose from..
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Atakicat (Offline)
JF Nomad

Send a message via AIM to Atakicat
05-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Ooh, I'm going to be SO poor shopping on that site