JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pizzicatogo (Offline)
New to JF

Cheap Ramen? - 04-09-2010, 05:33 AM

Hey, I'm trying to make some fairly tasty, I know it's subjective, and cheap ramen in Japan. I know I can get the noodles fairly easily and probably vegetables too, but how about pork if I want to make something kind of like I'd find at a ramen shop. I just want something with a good broth, noodles, a few vegetables, an egg, and either pork or chicken I guess. Is there any way to buy strips of pork like they've got in ramen easily? I would love to make it, but I spend too much time studying.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-09-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzicatogo View Post
Hey, I'm trying to make some fairly tasty, I know it's subjective, and cheap ramen in Japan. I know I can get the noodles fairly easily and probably vegetables too, but how about pork if I want to make something kind of like I'd find at a ramen shop. I just want something with a good broth, noodles, a few vegetables, an egg, and either pork or chicken I guess. Is there any way to buy strips of pork like they've got in ramen easily? I would love to make it, but I spend too much time studying.
Isn't it cheaper and faster to go to a ramen shop? Some are just a couple hundred yen a bowl.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-09-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
At grocery stores they have packets of the pork you put in ramen, as well as the soft boiled eggs in the section where they have all the ramen supplies.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#4 (permalink))
Old
pizzicatogo (Offline)
New to JF

04-09-2010, 05:45 AM

Hmm, I think if I could find cheap meat, I could make it for about 150 or so. I should try and look around for cheaper ramen places though. The cheapest I've found for a good bowl is about 400 or 500.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-09-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Hmm, I think if I could find cheap meat, I could make it for about 150 or so. I should try and look around for cheaper ramen places though. The cheapest I've found for a good bowl is about 400 or 500.
The pack of meat slices is around 300 yen, for about 5 slices.
The good noodle+broth set are like 220 for a packet of two.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-09-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Really? For noodles, meat, spices, veggies, and everything? I don't know where you live, but could get good ramen for 250 yen in my neighborhood (a few stops from Osaka station).
(#7 (permalink))
Old
pizzicatogo (Offline)
New to JF

04-11-2010, 06:22 AM

Yeah, it's not the best ramen, but I got all of the ingredients and everything for a little over 200 yen a bowl. Actually, it is pretty low quality stuff, but I'm poor. By the way, I'm in Tokyo, and I haven't found a cheap ramen place, but I bet if I ask my Japanese friends, they may have some good advice. I'll try that and let you know.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

04-16-2010, 02:26 PM

When I was in Tokyo, Shibuya area not far from the train station, I found a ramen shop that was excellent and was really cheap. I paid somethinglike 500Y for my bowl and it was HUGE.

It was one of those with the menu outside and you punch the button in the machine for your order, get a ticket and bring it inside. It was awesome, I loved it!

(#9 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Hmmm, this is making me hungry. I wish I still lived in Japan.

There is a gorgeous ramen shack in Tokyo that sells Cheese Ramen. Nom nom nom.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2010, 09:33 PM

Not sure if this is cheap but you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Take a bath and eat ramen!

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xbdt9z