JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Imaginative (Offline)
JF Regular

Red bean paste - help? - 11-29-2010, 10:36 AM

Hi, I want to make a red bean paste to put in strawberry daifuku. I have yude azuki, which is red beans that have already been cooked and sweetened:

I have that exact can. How do you prepare it for daifuku?

Also, I would like to know, how long does dango stay fresh after its cooked?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-29-2010, 11:09 AM

Just crush the beans from that can until it turns into a paste. You should have bought the paste kind because even if you crush the yude azuki, you won't be able to get rid of the skin, which can be distracting when eating the ichigo daifuku.

Depends but usually just a coupe of days. You will know when it's too hard to chew. Had it not been the strawberrry, you can toast old hardened daifuku to soften it again.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Imaginative (Offline)
JF Regular

11-29-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Just crush the beans from that can until it turns into a paste. You should have bought the paste kind because even if you crush the yude azuki, you won't be able to get rid of the skin, which can be distracting when eating the ichigo daifuku.

Depends but usually just a coupe of days. You will know when it's too hard to chew. Had it not been the strawberrry, you can toast old hardened daifuku to soften it again.
Oh thanks! I was getting a bit confused because heaps of people were boiling their beans over and over again to make it into paste but those were dry beans. I think if I squish it through a sieve, it should separate the skins.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

12-01-2010, 03:59 AM

You may already know about this but you can make a nice winter dessert named Zenzai using that canned azuki.

Just add some water and bring it to simmer. Dunk a toasted and ready-to-eat mochi into it. Too bad it is nowhere near winter in your country.

http://img4.cookpad.com/recipe/p/23/...jpg?1214211526