LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

Thumbs up Sushi-making for beginners - 02-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Here's a website dedicated to the so-called "sushi culture":

Sushi Making - Make my Sushi

If, like me, you're new to the art of sushi-making I suggest you take a look. The site features simple-to-follow recipes and animated flash illustrations that take you through various types of sushi-making step by step.

The site also claims to have partial-nudity shots of celebrities eating sushi, if that's your cup of tea...

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#52 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-24-2007, 08:48 PM

hehe.., so i see u've thought of a variety of everything, huh..? anyways, great thread, annelie! I'm gonna learn to make my very own sushi 1st thing in the morning!

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

02-24-2007, 08:57 PM

Of course, I aim to cater for all tastes!

The site also has a flash illustration of how to hold and eat with chopsticks. I've never quite gotten the hang of that until now.

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#54 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-24-2007, 09:03 PM

just what i'd expect from the legendary annelie

sorry for derailing: I think there's also a thread on properly utilizing the functions of a chopstick arnd here.. O.o

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

02-24-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
just what i'd expect from the legendary annelie

sorry for derailing: I think there's also a thread on properly utilizing the functions of a chopstick arnd here.. O.o
"Legendary", ah, I wish! Right now even my grandparents are having trouble remembering who I am, lol!

And, yeah, I saw the other thread on chopsticks, but it doesn't have illustrated instructions! Thanks for the tip though.

~annelie

(#56 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
03-05-2007, 12:20 AM

Just going to pop in this little information, if you are going to seal the sishu, and it uses raw or under cooked fish, you must have a liscence to sale it.

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#57 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
Just going to pop in this little information, if you are going to seal the sishu, and it uses raw or under cooked fish, you must have a liscence to sale it.
Thanks for the info, Kayame! It is much appreciated.

I think the fruits of my first attempt at sushi-making shall be sampled only by my immediate family...it wouldn't do if my entire home town came down with sushi-poisoning. Lol!

~annelie

(#58 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
03-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks....I needed that....seriously....lol

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...
(#59 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-05-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Thanks....I needed that....seriously....lol
What? A guide on how to make sushi or partial-nudity shots of celebrities?

Lol! Just kidding!

~annelie

(#60 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
03-05-2007, 05:54 PM

lol......the nudity one......J/K J/K J/K!!!!! The sushi one silly!

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...