JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
koibito (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2007, 02:28 AM

I've been studying Japanese since I was in the seventh grade. The reason it's been taking me so long is that in the beginning I got really frustrated with particles! I would learn something new in my lesson book. Then I would try to translate a song (another problem is probably that I couldn't find any lower level reading material) but I would get hung up on concepts like "mo ... nai" or "dore gurai". I have since beaten into myself the basic meanings of 'ha', 'wo', 'ni', 'de' etc. but I still struggle with levels of trueness, where you use grammar to show how certain or hypothetical a thing is. It's a concept I consider to be very peculiar to Japanese.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#72 (permalink))
Old
koibito (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2007, 02:45 AM

Hey that's how I learned my kana! *for real!*

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Amaranto (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2007, 01:21 PM

I Would say my hardest part is too set words in the correct order.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
Wink 05-10-2007, 05:46 AM

i honestly hav fun with the speaking but the hardest part for me is the grammar and the kanji
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Demysia (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Demysia
05-10-2007, 06:14 AM

Pronunciation is a definite for me, particles I sometimes have trouble with.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
chizkulet (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to chizkulet Send a message via Yahoo to chizkulet
05-10-2007, 07:55 AM

I'm having problems with sentence construction and kanji.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
legend (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2007, 07:56 PM

The hardest part for me is kanji and grammer
(#78 (permalink))
Old
gn1225 (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2007, 09:09 PM

hard thing about japanese

1. wrting in japanese
2.pronunciation of words
in japanese there are a los of words that have alike pronunciation
or you need to change a little thing
3. putting words in order ( the nouns verbs adjectives, those things
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Anne0 (Offline)
New to JF

05-16-2007, 12:03 PM

I think the most difficult part if Japanese for me has changed as I learnt more japanese right now i'm at the imtermediate/advanced level. Meaning grammer is advanced but my vocabulary and kanji knowledge is intermediate.
1)Right now i'm finding learning all the words is just daunting. I read an essay in my kanji book about how trash is becoming a real issue in tokyo and what people can do to help aliviate the issue. There's were about 50 new words in that one essay.

2)I also find that since I learnt correct grammer first it's sometimes hard to understand my friends when they speak or write to me. I have a friend who messages me like i'm Japanese. She knows i'm not japanese and i've never lived there but since I understand 99% of what she says so she has become comfortable speaking freely with me. But the truth is sometimes I have to sit and read what she wrote like 10 times cause I understand all the words and particles but can't figure out how to make sense of it all. Cause she' using normal Japanaese grammer when I learned ultra correct japanese grammer.
So I guess my biggest problem is what you said. The textbooks don't prepare me for normal japanese.
oh if you're a beginner I know this excellent book. It was my first japanese language book and I think it laid a wonderful foundation for me. It's all conversation. It has no translations in it. It only translates new words that turn up in the dialogues so it's up to you to figure out how it all works in a sentence. It was hard at first but the pay off is well worth the headache.
Amazon.com: Berlitz Basic Japanese (Berlitz Basic Language Course): Books: Basic Books,Berlitz Publishing Company
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Janissary (Offline)
JF Regular

05-20-2007, 04:12 PM

Hello,

The ?cityhall/mayor? has opened many free courses. One of them is Japanese language. Our book contains 25 units, we finished 11 so far.

But their system is like this: you cant start writing course until you finish the grammer book.

So I've been learning romanji...

Anyway, I think it's very easy for a Turk to learn Japanese. Pronunciation is easy, grammer is alike. But of course I havent yet learned complicated things. But it seems easy. Just need practice (memorizing).

I bought the hiragana & katakana books out of curiosity. Man, 100 letters, it's going to be tough And I heard kanji got way too much letters.

Kanji really scares me.

For kana, ok. This sounds writen with this symbol. That sound writen with that symbol. But i think kanji aint following regular rules...

I think most diffucult part for me will be learning new words. I gotta find a good dictionary

*I dont care much for writing... Speaking/understanding is enough for me*

Greetings from Turkiye (Toruko)

おぞはん & オゾハン
My real name is Özhan

Last edited by Janissary : 05-20-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: remembered something