JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
03-02-2008, 05:43 AM

and i write in the typed version because i never learned the written version

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#22 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-02-2008, 05:47 AM

did you miss what i'm saying though? as far as i understand there is no such thing as a written version and a typed version. they are just styles of writing.

on your other point i highly discourage anyone from learning romaji. except for the purpose of typing. it is not a good way to stydy Japanese.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
03-02-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
did you miss what i'm saying though? as far as i understand there is no such thing as a written version and a typed version. they are just styles of writing.

on your other point i highly discourage anyone from learning romaji. except for the purpose of typing. it is not a good way to stydy Japanese.
well i learned it with the hiragana and katakana to help me kno wut im learning to say

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#24 (permalink))
Old
FantasyQueen (Offline)
JF Regular

03-02-2008, 10:07 AM

Hell,I have to enable japanese letters on my pc already >>

I have a picture of hiragana and I wrote it on paper for practicing. It is somehow difficult for me to write them as they are on the pic,but I'm trying to remember more and more letters. And I'll get the dictionary and try the both ways you told me and thank you for everything,cuzz I rlly wanna learn Japanese<3
(#25 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-02-2008, 10:51 AM

if you are serious about learning then please go take a beginners course. it will really help. i'm all for self teaching but i think you should get some grounding in a beginners course. you need to hear native pronunciation etc as well.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
FantasyQueen (Offline)
JF Regular

03-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Yeah I will,just to pass my exsams and than I'll have more time for it. Cuzz now I have to sign in high school I want first. But I wanted to have some knowlege about Japanese,before I go on cours
(#27 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-02-2008, 01:04 PM

no worries good luck with your goal. it is a difficult one but apply yourself and you will make it ^^
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

03-02-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
there is nothing wrong with learning the 'basic versions' first, but you should have stated when giving the list that it is not complete because a hell of a lot of sounds in the language were missing from there. no one is going to try and learn them ALL at once anyway, you do it in stages.
lol. ok. you got me. I guess I was just too rushed to post something that I couldn't find a complete list that had both the Hiragana and Katakana and Romaji. >.>

Quote:
as for character differences i am wondering who taught you this? because you should know that both those styles can be typed on a computer as in the picture attached below. they are both correct in written form, in fact my written form i use your typed そ and your hand-written き. my japanese friends mix them up also.
Very interesting. I was taught by a non-native teacher at BYU when I took the online class, so she obviously may have been mistaken herself when she learned the various Hiragana. In the college-level Japanese class I will be taking this year, the professor is a native Japanese. I'm sure she'll be fixing a few things that I was taught wrong. <.<
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

03-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyQueen View Post
Yeah I will,just to pass my exsams and than I'll have more time for it. Cuzz now I have to sign in high school I want first. But I wanted to have some knowlege about Japanese,before I go on cours
And yeah, good luck! I'm sure that you will be able to go far if you just simply apply yourself, just like anrakushi said!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)

03-02-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masato View Post
And yeah, good luck! I'm sure that you will be able to go far if you just simply apply yourself, just like anrakushi said!
yep i bet u will

50 bucks says she learns to speak fluent japanese

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum