JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

03-06-2008, 02:30 AM

I am meaning they don't live here, and they don't know a whole lot of English, evidenced when I tried asking one of them something in English.

Well, I think it would be more special, cause I'm communicating to them in their language, albeit with help. Same as I think it's special if they try to speak English.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#12 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-06-2008, 02:39 AM

would it be special for you if their translator spoke to you in english after they said something in Japanese? do you not see you are doing the same thing. If you write the Japanese and we correct it, it is still your Japanese for the most part and it is you trying to speak Japanese. if you simply ask someone to translate a bunch of English how is that any different to talking to them through a translator, it is not you doing the talking in Japanese. you are not communicating in Japanese, the person translating for you is. i feel that is even less special because you can't know the exact meaning and feeling of the translation in Japanese and if it really reflects what you are wanting to say in English because you had no input in the Japanese translation.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
junkomi (Offline)
JF Regular

03-06-2008, 07:41 AM

only first!!

あなたは私にさよならと言いました、しかし、私はさよ ならと言い返さなかったと思います。感激しすぎて、と ても驚いて、頭が一瞬真っ白になってしまいした。

ごめんなさい。(私は、これを言うためだけに連絡して も良かったですか?それとも、私は「許してください」 と言うべきですか?)

サイン会でお会いできてうれしかったです。ありがとう 。
あなたが、ミネソタに戻って来てもう一度、ショーをや ったらいいな。

あなたが最初にサインすることになって、最初に握手し に行くと気づいたときは、少し緊張して、まったくとい うか変だった。私は、知らなくて・・・、ああ、なぜか というと、最初に自分が握手されるなんて期待してなか ったから。

At the beginning, I thought "they're so easy sentences that online tranlater almost will do and I just check it." But it's a hard work!! I will never do it again!

I want someone to make correction on my mistakes if any.
Im not sure especially about part around "It was a smidge awkward, right, or odd."

Last edited by junkomi : 03-06-2008 at 09:49 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-06-2008, 08:49 AM

I am glad you appreciate how difficult translation really is. Machine translation is almost worthless.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
junkomi (Offline)
JF Regular

Hey - 03-07-2008, 12:59 PM

Don't people in Minnesota have a custom of saying "thank you" ??

Although I know Indian seldom do it.

If the poster doesn't even read my work, anything never makes me sader than that.

Last edited by junkomi : 03-08-2008 at 07:25 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-07-2008, 04:52 PM

She wanted to send those messages two days ago, so I don't think she needed them anymore. She should have been more clear about that.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
junkomi (Offline)
JF Regular

03-08-2008, 01:45 AM

MMM

がっかりだ~~~
せっかく頑張ったのに~~~

そうかなとは思ってたけど、MMMは慰めてくれないの ね?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-08-2008, 01:51 AM

がっかりだね。。。

問題はこの人はこのお願いをダブル・ポストしたんだ。

’Unfortunately. I had to send it. I have to leave very soon, and don't know when I will be back on. I didn't call them hey you, or anything like that.’

とここ

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japa...lp-please.html

’I'm hoping to have a reply, and be able to post the messages by about 7 tonight.’
(#19 (permalink))
Old
junkomi (Offline)
JF Regular

03-08-2008, 02:35 AM

MMM
Thank you for telling that.

友達募集のダブルポストはともかく、こういうダブルポ ストは確かにマナー違反よね。MMMのような正義感の 強い人って素敵だと思う。

But I dont blame the poster because I missed the sentenses in this pole...hahaha

See you!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

03-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
would it be special for you if their translator spoke to you in english after they said something in Japanese? do you not see you are doing the same thing. If you write the Japanese and we correct it, it is still your Japanese for the most part and it is you trying to speak Japanese. if you simply ask someone to translate a bunch of English how is that any different to talking to them through a translator, it is not you doing the talking in Japanese. you are not communicating in Japanese, the person translating for you is. i feel that is even less special because you can't know the exact meaning and feeling of the translation in Japanese and if it really reflects what you are wanting to say in English because you had no input in the Japanese translation.
The thing is I don't know enough Japanese. So, I can't write it all out myself, and post for corrections.

also... If they don't know much English, then it would still be special to me, because they're talking to me, even if it is through a translator.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....