JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
Unhappy Wanting to Learn Japanese - 06-23-2008, 10:46 PM

Hello,

I have recently found myself desperate to visit Japan. For about four years I've only drempt of it. A few weeks ago I woke up saying "i'm going! 0.0" to myself. Since then, I have never felt so strongly about going..Like I NEED to go.

I know a bit about the culture and a few do's and do-nots while there but I still don't feel like I have the grip on Japan that I would need. I visited quite a bit of sites that talked about personal experiences while visiting Japan and a few things not to do...But I found them very unhelpful.

I also find myself having a huge problem learning Japanese the youtube way...I end up repeating the person on the video about 10 times then getting annoyed with spaming the part on the video where he/she is saying how to say 'The sushi was good!"

Right now my main goal is to learn the basic words in Japanese, that I would need to survive while there for a few weeks..to a few months. I was also wondering, is there any sort of...how do I put this...'stay housing' where they take in and feed/provide help for foreign people looking to possibly stay in the country? A lot of sites that i've looked on to get in touch with possible guides or people to talk to about the culture all expect me to pay just to sign up. F that.

So what do you recommend? O.o I'm open for suggestions because as of now...I'm lost. I bassicaly plan to visit the country and stay for weeks-months..maybe even a year if possible..So what would I need?

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#2 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-23-2008, 10:51 PM

I want to learn Japanese because i want to move to Japan and go to collage there can you help.>^_^<

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2008, 12:14 AM

You'll probably have better results on the housing-stuff if you posted within the Living In Japan subsection.
http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/

There are places, referred to as gaijin-houses, that you can rent a room on a month-by-month basis. They are set up for foreigners, usually meant only as a temporary stay. Its not recommended for a long-term stay though, for your own sanity. No personal experience myself, but I've heard the housing is usually shared with upwards of 12 other people, and the staff tend to be a bit on the abrupt side (understandably so, since they have had foreigners ditch out on rent in the middle of the night)

I've never even heard of people studying via YouTube. Do you also study the writing system that way? It would seem rather difficult unless it was a very professional video.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
06-24-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You'll probably have better results on the housing-stuff if you posted within the Living In Japan subsection.
http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/

There are places, referred to as gaijin-houses, that you can rent a room on a month-by-month basis. They are set up for foreigners, usually meant only as a temporary stay. Its not recommended for a long-term stay though, for your own sanity. No personal experience myself, but I've heard the housing is usually shared with upwards of 12 other people, and the staff tend to be a bit on the abrupt side (understandably so, since they have had foreigners ditch out on rent in the middle of the night)

I've never even heard of people studying via YouTube. Do you also study the writing system that way? It would seem rather difficult unless it was a very professional video.

Well that form of housing pointed me closer than I was before XD, ty. And yeah. I learn everything via-youtube x.x. I also learned basic chinese through it. Though, the chinese videos were very professional by a guy named Benny. As for the Japanese writing system I've just been browsing the net for basic words..But considering It(to me) only looks like a 3-yr-old made funny shapes...I have no clue what i'm looking for.

I'll try the post in the other section. Thanks.

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗