View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
Unhappy Wanting to Learn Japanese - 06-23-2008, 10:46 PM

Hello,

I have recently found myself desperate to visit Japan. For about four years I've only drempt of it. A few weeks ago I woke up saying "i'm going! 0.0" to myself. Since then, I have never felt so strongly about going..Like I NEED to go.

I know a bit about the culture and a few do's and do-nots while there but I still don't feel like I have the grip on Japan that I would need. I visited quite a bit of sites that talked about personal experiences while visiting Japan and a few things not to do...But I found them very unhelpful.

I also find myself having a huge problem learning Japanese the youtube way...I end up repeating the person on the video about 10 times then getting annoyed with spaming the part on the video where he/she is saying how to say 'The sushi was good!"

Right now my main goal is to learn the basic words in Japanese, that I would need to survive while there for a few weeks..to a few months. I was also wondering, is there any sort of...how do I put this...'stay housing' where they take in and feed/provide help for foreign people looking to possibly stay in the country? A lot of sites that i've looked on to get in touch with possible guides or people to talk to about the culture all expect me to pay just to sign up. F that.

So what do you recommend? O.o I'm open for suggestions because as of now...I'm lost. I bassicaly plan to visit the country and stay for weeks-months..maybe even a year if possible..So what would I need?

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗