JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
XD Practicing hiragana - 06-25-2008, 07:00 AM

The alphabet actually isn't as annoying as I thought it would be ^_^

I actually find it fun because it feels more like an art form just trying to get the letters right...Some letters like FU make me feel like i'm writing like an alien from outterspace though >.>; lol

So far, I know a i u e o ka ki ku ke ko... No clue how eveyone keeps typing with the Japanese and English alphabet though!...How? O.o

I'll practice more in the morning...Going for 5 letters a day...Or maybe that's too much x.x

maybe it'd be easier to practice if I can type it too.

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗

Last edited by Hip : 06-25-2008 at 07:16 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip View Post

I actually find it fun because it feels more like an art form just trying to get the letters right...Some letters like FU make me feel like i'm writing like an alien from outterspace though >.>; lol

So far, I know a i u e o ka ki ku ke ko... No clue how eveyone keeps writing with the Japanese and English alphabet though!...How? O.o

I'll practice more in the morning...Going for 5 letters a day...Or maybe that's too much x.x

maybe it'd be easier to practice if I can type it too.

Learn to write them all first before you mess with typing...that way you won't get lazy.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
06-25-2008, 07:20 AM

Does it have to look exact though? I've seen a lot of different written styles of the same words. Some that look more like scribble and others that look more like an art....

As soon as I get one relatively close to what i'm looking at I find the same letter written with different penmenship... x.x

Or is it like the english language where it just depends on the writers preference..Like with curviture and attitude in the letters.

╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2008, 07:26 AM

Like print and cursive there are different ways to write some characters. Make sure you are learning to write the handwritten style, and aren't just copying the printed characters from a computer.

Almost no one writes the letter a like it appears when typed on a computer. That's one example. Just find the proper tools.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

06-25-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Like print and cursive there are different ways to write some characters. Make sure you are learning to write the handwritten style, and aren't just copying the printed characters from a computer.

Almost no one writes the letter a like it appears when typed on a computer. That's one example. Just find the proper tools.
Well I found one that looks like they use it for kids in school when they first learn to write the language. it also teaches what lines of the word to start with. Here is the link. Let me know if it's a good one to use.

Http://www.wodonga-ps.vic.edu.au/lot..._chart0006.JPG

╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Well I found one that looks like they use it for kids in school when they first learn to write the language. it also teaches what lines of the word to start with. Here is the link. Let me know if it's a good one to use.

Http://www.wodonga-ps.vic.edu.au/lot..._chart0006.JPG
That's a pretty good place to start. You won't beleive me now, but stroke order is imporant. You can "see" when someone writes the wrong stroke order, and it looks wrong.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
rekuson (Offline)
New to JF

Mmm - 06-25-2008, 11:13 PM

MMM is right i had a terrible time writing because every letter look really weird..even if you don't notice it your Japanese friends will. so def check on the stroke orders..if i refined the site i used ill pm you it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-25-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:

So far, I know a i u e o ka ki ku ke ko... No clue how eveyone keeps typing with the Japanese and English alphabet though!...How? O.o
It's that way for me too, though I am a perfectionist, so writing takes me forever.

I'm confused what you mean by typing with Japanese and English.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

06-26-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
It's that way for me too, though I am a perfectionist, so writing takes me forever.

I'm confused what you mean by typing with Japanese and English.
Well i always assumed if you hve a japanese keyboard..You can only type in japanese. Similar to an american keyboard. We have no other language except maybe a few french or spanish hotkeys.

Is it some kind of program?

╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-26-2008, 01:40 AM

There is no special Japanese keyboard easily available outside of Japan. Most people type in romaji and choose the correct characters.