JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Diryavi (Offline)
JF Regular

Smile Hi I'm an american who would like to learn Nihongo - 06-24-2008, 08:21 AM

Hey Any one who knows Japanese, or who is Japanese? Can you teach me Japanese? I'm at the beginner stage. I only know a few words in Japanese, I would like to learn how to read it too. My Dream is to speak it and read fluently so when I go on a trip over to Japan(Nippon) Or If I work at a job that would send me over there, I won't end up in a sticky situation. I would love to learn the culture too so I won't offend any one. Maybe in the process we can become friends. You can email me at [email protected] or Pm me. Thanks for your time that it may take up teaching an old dog new tricks(27 years of age) There's this saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks but I want to prove that you can teach an old dog new tricks. I'm open to anything I'm always learning new things and this would be fun and new a breath of fresh air. I hope to hear form any one soon. Take care!

DirYavi
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aldrin (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2008, 11:24 AM

i can teach you how to speak english
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KuroGo (Offline)
New to JF

Nice to see you. - 06-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diryavi View Post
Hey Any one who knows Japanese, or who is Japanese? Can you teach me Japanese? I'm at the beginner stage. I only know a few words in Japanese, I would like to learn how to read it too. My Dream is to speak it and read fluently so when I go on a trip over to Japan(Nippon) Or If I work at a job that would send me over there, I won't end up in a sticky situation. I would love to learn the culture too so I won't offend any one. Maybe in the process we can become friends. You can email me at [email protected] or Pm me. Thanks for your time that it may take up teaching an old dog new tricks(27 years of age) There's this saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks but I want to prove that you can teach an old dog new tricks. I'm open to anything I'm always learning new things and this would be fun and new a breath of fresh air. I hope to hear form any one soon. Take care!

Hi, nice to see you, Diryavi-san.
I'm a japanese and maybe can tell something about Japan and our language what you wanna know
Oh, and totally I agree with you...well, I also think even we (yeah, I'm old enough...lol) are older than almost members in here, we can get to know everything what I want to learn.

Hahah...but actually, it is a bit difficult to study English again*laughs*

well then, Good luck from Far East

Love, my Diva Sheena Ringo
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

06-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrin View Post
i can teach you how to speak english
Can you also teach reading comprehension?

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Diryavi (Offline)
JF Regular

I have a few words I want to learn, KuroGo - 06-26-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroGo View Post
Hi, nice to see you, Diryavi-san.
I'm a japanese and maybe can tell something about Japan and our language what you wanna know
Oh, and totally I agree with you...well, I also think even we (yeah, I'm old enough...lol) are older than almost members in here, we can get to know everything what I want to learn.

Hahah...but actually, it is a bit difficult to study English again*laughs*

well then, Good luck from Far East
thank you! I would like to know what is good night? And what is good Afternoon, and good morning?
I did got a Berlitz tape on learning Japanese and it jumped way to much and I was lost and got so confused and flustered that I had to shut off the tape it was not good for beginners. I bet you will be hearing from me again. You can PM me if you like If you want I can PM you too, Good, I'm not the only one who is older than some of the kids on this site!

DirYavi
(#6 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-26-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diryavi View Post
I suggest you ask sakesan he is teaching me how to speak Japanese too.>^_^<

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
01001100 (Offline)
New to JF

06-26-2008, 12:45 AM

I'll give you one piece of advice, ditch the Romaji or you'll end up looking like those Wapanese people. The only time Romaji should be used is for writing Japanese names in English.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-26-2008, 01:02 AM

that is true i have thought about that i have a book too that has it written in Japanese so maybe you should get one so you will learn it the right way.>^_^<

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-26-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001100 View Post
I'll give you one piece of advice, ditch the Romaji or you'll end up looking like those Wapanese people. The only time Romaji should be used is for writing Japanese names in English.

If you're like me though, and don't have access to a comp with a keyboard for typing Kanji/hiragana/katakana, then Romaji is the only option.
And in that case, the term Wapanese shouldn't be used.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-26-2008, 05:05 AM

If you have Windows, you have access to everything you need to type in Japanese.

XP -> you need the CD
http://www.japanforum.com/forum/gene...s-your-pc.html

Anything under, you can download the files off of microsoft's website.