JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pixisticks (Offline)
New to JF

Help a girl out with a translation? - 02-16-2009, 05:02 AM

Okay, I'm planning to study abroad in Japan starting in fall, so I've been looking around for a part time job. I just got an email back from a modeling agency (like an idiot, I asked my teacher to help me translate one of my english emails to them into Japanese, thinking "hey, I can show them I'm not a totally useless foreigner!"... bad idea) and the kanji and the FORMALITY of everything is just so... it hurts my poor little brain. T______T If there's anybody willing, could you please help me translate this email? Thank you so much. (Clearly my clever plan failed...)

Brittany様

ご連絡ありがとうございました。
来日する1週間前頃にご連絡くだされば、登録に関する 事や日本のモデル業の流れの詳細等を準備致しますので
その際メールか電話でお知らせください。

もし2、3枚お写真があればこのメールアドレスへ送っ てください。登録の際、事務所へ来て頂いたて
Brittanyさんのモデルコンポジットを作成しますので、そ� ��際に写真をデータでお渡しください。
(又、オーディション用に色々なイメージ写真を都内の スタジオで撮影する場合もあります)

よろしくお願いします。
thnak you,

Honda

-----

If you want, I can show you the other email that this is in response to, but basically it just asks if I should send them photos now, or closer to when I'm due to arrive in Japan (September), how many pictures, and also offering to go to a studio/agency in Hawaii or Las Vegas if they have a branch in either of those places. Um. Yes. Help. T_T
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2009, 05:10 AM

If you contact us a week before you arrive in Japan, we can get you prepared for registration for modelling in Japan, so let us know your phone number then. If you have two or three photos, send them to this email. When you register, you will need to come to our offices for a model composite [There are some missing characters] please bring photos and data. (Also several different audition photos are sometimes taken at our city studio).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
pixisticks (Offline)
New to JF

02-16-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you contact us a week before you arrive in Japan, we can get you prepared for registration for modelling in Japan, so let us know your phone number then. If you have two or three photos, send them to this email. When you register, you will need to come to our offices for a model composite [There are some missing characters] please bring photos and data. (Also several different audition photos are sometimes taken at our city studio).
Oh, thank goodness. I thought they were saying something about needing other photos when I go there, not them being taken. *dies*

Thank you so much! Erm, do you think they're saying I should send the photos the same week I give them my phone number, or should I do it now? :x That's not really in the translation, but she didn't really answer that part of it. XD *dies again*
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2009, 05:31 AM

I would send the photos now. If you don't hear back, send them again with your phone number the week before you leave.

I am guessing they are saying to contact with your number a week before you arrive because they get a lot of inquiries from people that never actually come to Japan, so they want to know you are on your way before they waste their time.

There were some corrupt characters, but it looks like you should bring photos with you when you go to their office. There are times when they take photos their at their studios (I guess if you photos suck).
(#5 (permalink))
Old
pixisticks (Offline)
New to JF

02-16-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I would send the photos now. If you don't hear back, send them again with your phone number the week before you leave.

I am guessing they are saying to contact with your number a week before you arrive because they get a lot of inquiries from people that never actually come to Japan, so they want to know you are on your way before they waste their time.

There were some corrupt characters, but it looks like you should bring photos with you when you go to their office. There are times when they take photos their at their studios (I guess if you photos suck).
Yeah, I told them that money was still kind of an issue when it came to actually going, so that makes sense. Alright, I'll gather some up and email them over, then.

Oh, I see the corrupt characters now! That's weird, it only said the 'no' of 'sono' was corrupt. XD But yeah, it's 'sono sai ni shashin wo de-ta de owatashi kudasai'. Okay, I get it now (lol my photos probably do kind of suck, since my first email told them I had no experience).

Thank you so much! Lesson learned, do not attempt Japanese beyond your level. XD
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

02-17-2009, 07:24 AM

Good luck, girl. I had a couple white friends from the US and Australia model while we were studying in Tokyo, and they got flown to tropical islands during holiday and got paid hella cash. Thousands upon thousands for weekends' worth of work.

Here's a video of one of them now. I think he did more TV show stuff than modeling, but whatever. Compare your attractiveness to his and consider your chances. YouTube - Go Ji ni Muchu 2007-01-21 Stephan Fisher

I think he's doing all this all part time while working on his masters or something in Tokyo.