JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Japanese Language Resources (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/2346-japanese-language-resources.html)

Mazen 01-02-2009 04:30 PM

Technical Scientific Japanese Language Resources

Dear Everyone,

Could anyone help to find some resources to learn the proper Kanjis, Expressions and Grammars needed in Technical Scientific realms of study in Japanese ?

Please help me, and I'm really thankful to you all ..

SHAD0W 01-07-2009 04:46 PM

"If you have any questions, email me"

oh how suprised is he going to be when his inbox is bombarded with kawaiipockysugoi?

でもいいアイデアですね

dimebagplan 01-16-2009 09:41 AM

Hello, here is my contribution, This website is a Flash Card/Dictionnary.

I need contribution to help the website to be better, i also need feedback on it.

JPN DATABASE

You can search words, add words in the dictionary, and then add them to your learning list.

So you can learn any kanjis or vocabularies through Flash Cards.

cya.

stuffinjapan 01-30-2009 07:34 PM

Learning Japanese

I have a few suggestions.

Get a good textbook and then stick with it even if it is difficult. I have spent way to much time trying to find learning materials rather than actually studying!

Don't get to crazy about studying Kanji. My teacher always said it is better to learn how to say a word before you learn the Kanji. Many people know Kanji, but not how to pronounce it properly. I often remember the meaning, but don't actually know how to say it in Japanese.

Study what you are interested in. I love gadgets so I always to to read websites about the topic. It really motivates me to study.

I guess what I am saying is, don't worry to much about how many resources you have. Find some good ones and then just set a good study pattern for yourself.

By the way, my two main resources for studying are Jim Breen's WWWJDIC and my D.S. Lite with dictionary software.

samokan 02-18-2009 06:44 AM

RIKAICHAN : a mozilla/firefox add-on
-> really useful and convenient for browsing japanese site
just install the addon to your browser ( together with the dictionary )

SvanteH 02-27-2009 11:58 PM

http://www.humanjapanese.com/
Currently running the program. It's beautiful to look at and starts of with teaching Hiragana and mixing it with some History/Geography then continues onwards. I haven't came that far yet (started with Katakana as of tonight) and I haven't tried any other "study site" but I think Human Japanese looks like a good product.

It's a free trial with no time limitation that is free until Chapter 13.

Ryuk999 04-24-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edopeno (Post 644049)
Kantango
A REALLY GOOD Kanji reference guide, type in any hiragana (even romaji!) and it will look up the Kanji equivalent!

iKnow Japanese
From the site:
iKnow! : Personalized Learning

iKnow! is a new way to learn a language based on scientific research into memory and psychology: it trains your brain in the natural ways that accelerate learning.

iKnow’s patented learning algorithms generate a personalized learning schedule based on your learning history. What this means is that items you’re having trouble with will come up for review far more frequently than items you know well. It’s like having your own private teacher who knows what you need to focus on.

If you made it this far, I've also devised a just-for-fun one all my own; I call it NihonGO! Check it out on my signature!!! ;)

thanks for the kantango and 'iknows' XD
*uses alot*

Moncader 05-13-2009 07:11 AM

JLPT Practice - Home

They allow you to take tests that they have made online (the system is really good! Just like the real thing!), and you can see the answers right away. They even have the listening sections of the test!

They have tests for JLPT level 2, 3 and 4.

They also have many links and resources (practice sheets, etc...) for taking the JLPT and a bit for Japanese in general.

Yukkki 06-22-2009 12:22 PM

audio and video recording of japanese

Very useful video text books are
1) YesJapan, (Japanese language, video) [AVI]
Author: Yesjapan.com
Language: English, Japanese
This video series.
This video sketches that are largely comic nature would be useful to people who can already read at the hearing Japanese and English speech. But those who nicherta do not understand, believe me, will get great pleasure from hohm TV =)
Video Format - AVI
Video Quality: 320:240, XVID, framerate - 29.917
Sound Quality: 64 Kbps
Size: 411 MB
Deposit Files
2) AOTS - Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language [1993, MP3]
Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language
Year: 1993
Author: AOTS
Genre: audio book to
Publisher: 3A Corporation
Format: MP3
Quality: 128 kbps
Size: 443 MB
Deposit Files

3) AOTS - Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language [1993, PDF]
Shin Nihongo no Kiso II - The new base rate of the Japanese language
Year: 1993
Author: AOTS
Genre: Tutorial
Publisher: 3A Corporation
Format: PDF
Quality: Scanned Pages
Description: The second part of the Japanese language textbook ...
The archive contains three parts of the textbook:
- Shin nihongo no kiso 2 honsatsu - in Japanese, actually - tutorial
- Shin_Nihongo_no_Kiso_2 grammatica - English. language
Size: 22 MB
Deposit Files

gokon5 07-02-2009 02:42 AM

Phrases for Dating and Flirting

Just thought Id add another Japanese language resource that I stumbled apon.

Is a bit light hearted but I laughed out loud a few times at some of the phrases!!

Pillow Talk Japan - Dating and Flirting in Japanese

They seem to have up to date listings of Jobs in Japan, Apartments and classifieds too but it was the Japanese Phrases section that cracked me up!!