JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
monq (Offline)
New to JF

Three Little Pigs... audio help - 06-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all: as you can see with my post count, I am completely new to these very forums. So I asume that it is a bit cheeky to ask for help, having in mind that I an such a n00b (I do belong to other forums, and I know it can be frustrating when people join, ask for help, then leggit immediately without more ado).

So: mods, admins: If you think that my request should not be posted, please let me know, and no probs!

Ok: I am creating a new d&b track called "Three Little Pigs". And I would love to have that sentence in japanese, preferibly a femenine, high pitched voice in a wav or mp3. If this is not possible, a bloke's audio could also do the trick - I am still experimenting.

IF this is impossible, I would also appreciate having at least the translation in English / romanised characters.

Again: if this is extremely cheeky of me to ask, I do apologise...

Best regards,
David (monq)

p$ I did not post in the "translation help" thread since this is not exactly a translation but more recording a file..
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-17-2009, 09:56 PM

What sentence?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
monq (Offline)
New to JF

06-19-2009, 06:47 PM

"Three Little Pigs"!

Not really a sentence but the title of the story!

Regards and thx,
David
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-19-2009, 10:03 PM

If some girl wants to take a crack at it, the translation is

3匹の子豚
さんびきのこぶた
(#5 (permalink))
Old
monq (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2009, 03:04 PM

thanks a bunch KyleGoetz!

David
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-20-2009, 05:39 PM

For future reference, if you go to Wikipedia and find Three Little Pigs, there is a bar on the left that has the Wikipedia page in various languages. One of these is Japanese, where the authors (most assuredly native Japanese speakers) have written about "三匹の子豚."

This is a very good way of making sure you've romanized a Western name correctly or to look up specific cultural references to make sure you've gotten the translation correct—that's what I did here (because I just guessed at the title at first, knowing 3 [counter for smallish animals] = 3匹 and little pig is 子豚.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
monq (Offline)
New to JF

06-21-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
For future reference, if you go to Wikipedia and find Three Little Pigs, there is a bar on the left that has the Wikipedia page in various languages. One of these is Japanese, where the authors (most assuredly native Japanese speakers) have written about "三匹の子豚."

This is a very good way of making sure you've romanized a Western name correctly or to look up specific cultural references to make sure you've gotten the translation correct—that's what I did here (because I just guessed at the title at first, knowing 3 [counter for smallish animals] = 3匹 and little pig is 子豚.
kyle, again thanks a bunch for all your help mate, I might even try to read this myself - although I guess it will not be brilliant!

David