JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khengi View Post
The thing with Kanji is we're not native to Japan, so we haven't had the Kanji tests and calligraphy tests since Kindergarden that they have, so we won't be as proficient as them. Instead, you should learn Kanji in the context of words.
I might know the word, but I still don't recognize it when I see it. For me, I keep coming across characters I know I've seen before, but I have trouble remembernig what it is, 'cept for some that I've just read so many time I know it like the back of my hand (now writing it is a different story lol).
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Khengi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-02-2009, 09:37 PM

I see what you mean. In the end, we have radicals to help us. The Chinese system of radicals has to be the one thing that makes Kanji actually [i]possible[i], haha.

---------------------------
I offer free Japanese lessons on my home site here!

[Note: I am proficient in the language (even proficient enough to get hired at a university for teaching), but do not look to me before a native or someone more proficient, like Nagoyankee]