JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Chrisnoland (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation I am looking for Japanese Language School in Tokyo Please help! - 08-08-2009, 05:32 AM

Hello! I am looking for a Japanese Language School in Tokyo that offers a pre-college visa.
I intend to study for 2 years, the maximum allowed on a pre-college Visa.

There are a lot of school info online but unfortunately no personal reviews.

I am looking for a school off the JR Yamanote line anywhere from Ikebukuro South back up North to Tokyo station side.

So far I have seen tuitions running about 8,000-13,000 per year.

I am trying to find the best school for the best price, Something under 8,000 US for the year would be great but I am also interested in any personal feedback anyone has on the language schools.

I am going to improve my Japanese over the 2 year period while I finish my degree online. due to the fact that I am going to college online also, I prefer a school that does not consume the entire day. I saw a couple that had programs for 4 hours a day.

There is also the big old Work Permit question. I will need to work, and I know you can obtain a permit on the Pre-college Visa but do I need to bring information from the school to immigration or can I just go to immigration and apply ?

I am very serious about my education and future, any help would be appreciated as I wish to get acclimated to Tokyo before taking a full-time job there.

Any information will greatly help me, even if the school isn't the cheapest the more options the better. My max budget for the school is 10,000 USD as I have to have enough for rent.

thank you again!