LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

08-20-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't think that all language tattoos are "dumb". I think getting something written in a language you don't speak is a little silly, though.
Yep... if anything I do have to agree that it is silly . I won't badger anyone about it, but it's certainly not something I'd do... even with a language I know.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-20-2009, 05:59 AM

And I will continue to provide piss poor translations for my own lulz when people come here presumptively asking for us to objectify a culture for them.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

08-21-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
And I will continue to provide piss poor translations for my own lulz when people come here presumptively asking for us to objectify a culture for them.
Hahaha... now don't make me try for an honest effort! I'll do it! It won't be pretty!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-21-2009, 03:00 AM

Kyle, weren't you the one who told the last guy to come here asking about tattoos to get "pervert/deviate" tattooed on him? That was so funny.

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#35 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-23-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpirate View Post
Kyle, weren't you the one who told the last guy to come here asking about tattoos to get "pervert/deviate" tattooed on him? That was so funny.
Could be. I'm awful to people like this. One time someone showed up on an online forum asking us to translate his one-page essay from English to Japanese because it was due in 10 hours and he hadn't started. He'd had 6 weeks to work on it.

I ever so casually inserted a かわいい先生を○りたいぜ into the translation I gave him. Last I heard he got an F.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
PrincessMai (Offline)
New to JF

08-23-2009, 07:39 AM

I think your father would rather you have it in your native language.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-23-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Could be. I'm awful to people like this. One time someone showed up on an online forum asking us to translate his one-page essay from English to Japanese because it was due in 10 hours and he hadn't started. He'd had 6 weeks to work on it.

I ever so casually inserted a かわいい先生を○りたいぜ into the translation I gave him. Last I heard he got an F.
Ahahahahahah! Golden...

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#38 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpirate View Post
Ahahahahahah! Golden...
Yes. I have no patience for cheaters, and I'm intolerant to those who want "those cool chinky tattoos" but don't have any actual connection to the language.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

08-26-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Yes. I have no patience for cheaters, and I'm intolerant to those who want "those cool chinky tattoos" but don't have any actual connection to the language.
It sounds like you do have some patience with cheaters... just not the kind of patience cheaters are looking for .

Also, how hard is it to translate a 1 page essay in 10 hours?! And the fact that he didn't even read or know what YOU put is even more bothersome. Seems like he's one of those fools who thought it'd be cool and easy to take a Japanese class...
(#40 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewindDude View Post
It sounds like you do have some patience with cheaters... just not the kind of patience cheaters are looking for .

Also, how hard is it to translate a 1 page essay in 10 hours?! And the fact that he didn't even read or know what YOU put is even more bothersome. Seems like he's one of those fools who thought it'd be cool and easy to take a Japanese class...
Precisely why I did what I did. He obviously did not care one iota about learning. If he did, he would have caught my insertion (if you'll pardon the punnery).

My life up until Sept. 20-somethingth will be 25 years of near banality, having never had money to do much of anything exciting. I amuse myself by punishing those skating through life by pawning effort off onto others.

It may be a bit awful, but it's amusing for me and hopefully instructive for the victims.