JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Help with translating cake recipe (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/29402-help-translating-cake-recipe.html)

takeru2 12-20-2009 01:04 PM

Help with translating cake recipe

I really want to make this japanese strawberry short cake but the recipe is in japanese and I can't read it. I have tryed to translated it using goolge translater but is doesn't translate the ingrediance propery so could someone please help ^_^

http://marron-dietrecipe.com/desert/...shortcake.html

yuriyuri 12-20-2009 01:50 PM

Since it's just a strawberry shortcake, why can't you just use an English language recipe?
I doubt anyone will translate that whole page for you, especially since this is your first post and you haven't contributed to the forum.

furyu 12-20-2009 01:58 PM

i tried!

ok i'll try :D

Strawberry Short Cake
(1011 kcal)

Ingredient

Sponge - Two 12cm(diameter) sponge or a 18cm sponge

Syrup
-Water - 50cc
-Sugar - 25g
-Kirschwasser - a tablespoonful

Whipcream
-Fresh cream - 200cc
-Sugar (if possible, use granulated sugar instead) - 16g
-Vanilla Essence - proper amount (yeah, it really says so. xp )

Decoration
-Strawberry(Medium size) - 8
-Mint leaves - proper amount

I hope this helps you. >_<

KyleGoetz 12-20-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeru2 (Post 790825)
I really want to make this japanese strawberry short cake but the recipe is in japanese and I can't read it. I have tryed to translated it using goolge translater but is doesn't translate the ingrediance propery so could someone please help ^_^

http://marron-dietrecipe.com/desert/...shortcake.html

Google Translate

This is the best I'm going to offer. I thought about translating it, but then I saw it went on for pages and pages.

One thing: the translation translates "water" into "Wednesday" because the abbreviation for "Wednesday" is the kanji for "water."

I suggest you get an English recipe for strawberry shortcake, then compare the two.

Good luck with your diet! What's better is to lift weights to up your basal metabolic rate, so you can eat more calories and still lose weight.

Also, if you're on a diet, 1011 cal for a piece of cake is ridiculous. That is not a diet food, period. That's half the calories a non-active person should eat per day for all meals combined.

chryuop 12-20-2009 05:40 PM

But is it a real cake or a toy cake? I mean, it is made with a sponge :O

Huuhuuummmm I guess after the word sponge there was 生地 :eek: If not wrong in English it is called Angelfood cake or sometimes also sponge cake.

Columbine 12-20-2009 07:52 PM

It's a real cake- it's just skipping the actual cake part of the recipe and going straight onto 'how to decorate', but no actual sponges involved. Just cake and a gross amount of cream. :/

KyleGoetz 12-20-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chryuop (Post 790855)
But is it a real cake or a toy cake? I mean, it is made with a sponge :O

Huuhuuummmm I guess after the word sponge there was 生地 :eek: If not wrong in English it is called Angelfood cake or sometimes also sponge cake.

Sponge = sponge cake

takeru2 12-20-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furyu (Post 790828)
ok i'll try :D

Strawberry Short Cake
(1011 kcal)

Ingredient

Sponge - Two 12cm(diameter) sponge or a 18cm sponge

Syrup
-Water - 50cc
-Sugar - 25g
-Kirschwasser - a tablespoonful

Whipcream
-Fresh cream - 200cc
-Sugar (if possible, use granulated sugar instead) - 16g
-Vanilla Essence - proper amount (yeah, it really says so. xp )

Decoration
-Strawberry(Medium size) - 8
-Mint leaves - proper amount

I hope this helps you. >_<

Thanks that helps a lot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleGoetz (Post 790846)
Google Translate

This is the best I'm going to offer. I thought about translating it, but then I saw it went on for pages and pages.

One thing: the translation translates "water" into "Wednesday" because the abbreviation for "Wednesday" is the kanji for "water."

I suggest you get an English recipe for strawberry shortcake, then compare the two.

Good luck with your diet! What's better is to lift weights to up your basal metabolic rate, so you can eat more calories and still lose weight.

Also, if you're on a diet, 1011 cal for a piece of cake is ridiculous. That is not a diet food, period. That's half the calories a non-active person should eat per day for all meals combined.

ahh so thats why it translates to wed, lol what makes you think I'm on a diet.

Columbine 12-21-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeru2 (Post 790914)
Thanks that helps a lot

ahh so thats why it translates to wed, lol what makes you think I'm on a diet.

Not directed at me but Kyle's offline. He mentioned the diet because the blurb in japanese above the recipe says something like "As this sponge cake is made without butter, there's no need to worry (about eating it) if you're on a diet".

As Kyle pointed out, 1011 cal is not diet food. Anything with 1/2 pint of cream plus 2 oz sugar in JUST the decoration isn't healthy.

takeru2 12-21-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Columbine (Post 790915)
Not directed at me but Kyle's offline. He mentioned the diet because the blurb in japanese above the recipe says something like "As this sponge cake is made without butter, there's no need to worry (about eating it) if you're on a diet".

As Kyle pointed out, 1011 cal is not diet food. Anything with 1/2 pint of cream plus 2 oz sugar in JUST the decoration isn't healthy.

ah ok haha :D