JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

iPhone applications. - 12-20-2009, 08:38 PM

I have just recently come into possession of an iPhone and would like some application recommendations.

So far I have: Kotoba, Japanese Flip and Kanji Flip.

I like Kotoba and Japanese Flip but Kanji Flip doesn't seem to work as well for me. What I am looking for is Vocabulary apps with smaller sections as you know a jump of a couple of thousand words to the next difficulty levels flashcard deck can be a little much. Also I was looking into iKanji but one of the reviewers commented on some of the stroke orders being wrong. Does anyone know if that is still the case?

Thanks for any help.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

12-20-2009, 08:52 PM

iKanji Touch - Best app for learning Kanji. Possibly the best method on any platform.

Japanese - Awesome Japanese dictionary with great features.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

12-20-2009, 09:02 PM

Cydia, Icy, Winderboard, Powerdown utilities, 3proxy, Terminal, Cycorder, PDAnet, xGPS (a bit of work to set up, but you can download maps with it so it uses less energy constantly downloading the map u r using a lot, and updates quicker

IamKira
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
Cydia, Icy, Winderboard, Powerdown utilities, 3proxy, Terminal, Cycorder, PDAnet, xGPS (a bit of work to set up, but you can download maps with it so it uses less energy constantly downloading the map u r using a lot, and updates quicker
I'm assuming this person is asking for Japanese related applications. The ones you mentioned require for the iTouch/iPhone to be jailbroken.

Ipod Apps
(#5 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

12-21-2009, 05:26 AM

of course.. jailbreak is the only way to go. and op asked for iphone apps, so i gave her a few of the most useful ones... seriously, i have yet to need the appstore after jailbreaking.. all the usefully packets are third party and whilst it takes a friggin long while to download packets and load I think Cydia is a decent packet injector ...i use it more than Icy that's for sure
but it's good to install icy as well because my cydia got messed up because my phone crashed when i was using it and my mac address was spoofed .. so i deleted the selection.plist file via terminal and reinstalled via Icy
handy in a tight spot

IamKira