LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-30-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffrogger777 View Post
I did want to mention that I do not live with a girl!...My idea was to move to a new place closer to my work and have a roommate to help reduce the cost of living expenses. This would than allow her to have the car to get around and I could just walk to work. I work in a higher rental area in SF and didn't want to live in a little tiny studio. A good friend of mine, who happens to be a girl, was also looking to find a place in the city as well. It's someone that I have know for about ten years and consider as little sister to me. She is also someone that I could trust and i thought the transition would be easier than trying to find some random roommate. Well, I really did think the whole process through and now this is where things have lead to.
I am not sure how old you are, but I can understand your girlfriend's frustration. The places I bolded are all situations working against you.

I am not sure where you are at, but if she is coming to the US, she is thinking marriage. That means all this business with sharing your car and living with a girl are not even conceivable. Even if she had no problem with it, there is no way she could tell her friends or family (without you looking like a jerk).

If you really love this person, drop the roommate/car sharing, etc.

Did you mean you DID or DIDN'T think the whole thing through?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ffrogger777 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Ffrogger777
01-30-2010, 07:25 AM

MMM,
I have already moved past the whole sharing idea, but thank you for your input. I definitely have felt the repercussions of my decision.

I meant "did not"

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you."
- Kensignton