JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Nokutetsu
Helping contact please? - 03-08-2010, 06:51 PM

Hello. Because I'm teaching myself, I'm constantly writing things, or saying things and wondering if they're right or not. There are no teachers on this island, so I'm wondering if there's anyone who would be willing to give me their e-mail/MSN and see what I've written and correct me if it's wrong? I don't want to get into bad habits, and with each grammar point I study I feel nervous when using it in my own sentences.

thankyou in advance.

Ahh, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

03-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokutetsu View Post
Hello. Because I'm teaching myself, I'm constantly writing things, or saying things and wondering if they're right or not. There are no teachers on this island, so I'm wondering if there's anyone who would be willing to give me their e-mail/MSN and see what I've written and correct me if it's wrong? I don't want to get into bad habits, and with each grammar point I study I feel nervous when using it in my own sentences.

thankyou in advance.
1. There are plenty of Japanese teachers in the UK. I knew quite a few students in Japan who got their skills at universities in the UK.

2. You can post questions in the Japanese Questions thread. You will have a better shot at getting help that way than finding a skilled volunteer to help you over email.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

03-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Not where I live you don't. Trust me. I live on a small island and because it's a small community we all know each other. Half them don't even know where Japan is on the map. We're 300 miles from the closest city over sea.

But thankyou, I'll go look there. <3

Ahh, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-09-2010, 05:12 AM

One possibility would be to create your own thread and ask everything there. That would make it easy for you to review things. Take a look at the following thread where a Japanese member has been getting her English writings corrected. It's a mega thread now and there is no question that she has learned so much.

Please help me to read this English sentence:
(#5 (permalink))
Old
berrypie (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to berrypie
03-09-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
One possibility would be to create your own thread and ask everything there. That would make it easy for you to review things. Take a look at the following thread where a Japanese member has been getting her English writings corrected. It's a mega thread now and there is no question that she has learned so much.

This is a really clever way to post one's questions and discuss over. In that case the OP can keep track of his/her own learning progress in one place. May be I should do it too!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

03-09-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post

Two things:

1. YuriTokoro is awesome.
2. I did this back when I was reading Japanese newspapers and building vocab/phrase flashcard lists. I got a bit lazy and quit with the articles, though, about nine months ago. What with the daily kanji studies and vocab in prep for JLPT1, I just couldn't take it. :/ Not dedicated enough, I guess.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

03-09-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypie View Post
This is a really clever way to post one's questions and discuss over. In that case the OP can keep track of his/her own learning progress in one place. May be I should do it too!
Thankyou very much for the idea! It looks like it has a lot of pros, so I think I will try this one out

(#8 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

03-09-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokutetsu View Post
Thankyou very much for the idea! It looks like it has a lot of pros, so I think I will try this one out
I found it very useful when I did it.