JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   This IPhone app is Godlike. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/32762-iphone-app-godlike.html)

ParaPara 07-13-2010 03:55 PM

This IPhone app is Godlike.

Sorry if this seems like an add, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell about this app that I got for my iPhone. It's called Human Japanese. It is like a textbook on your iPhone. However, there is one difference: It is interesting. The way in which it is written is really informal. Cultural and historical notes are interlaced with the lessons.

I'll give you an example of a way this program has helped me. I have been struggling with Hiragana. Human Japanese provides in depth directions on how to make each character look great.

Human Japanese is a great app. There is a LITE version that gives you tons of lessons so you can try it before you buy it.

Post your comments on this thread if you download it?

KyleGoetz 07-13-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParaPara (Post 819749)
Sorry if this seems like an add, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell about this app that I got for my iPhone. It's called Human Japanese. It is like a textbook on your iPhone. However, there is one difference: It is interesting. The way in which it is written is really informal. Cultural and historical notes are interlaced with the lessons.

I'll give you an example of a way this program has helped me. I have been struggling with Hiragana. Human Japanese provides in depth directions on how to make each character look great.

Human Japanese is a great app. There is a LITE version that gives you tons of lessons so you can try it before you buy it.

Post your comments on this thread if you download it?

I propose a "commercial Japanese resources" thread that all these belong in. Were it not for ParaPara's post count, I would have assumed this was just spam because it really reads like an advertisement.

ParaPara 07-13-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleGoetz (Post 819752)
it really reads like an advertisement.

I thought someone might say that. Hahahaha O NOES I IS AN ADVERTISEMENT PERSON.

I am serious though this app is cool. I just want people to know that this is a true gem amongst all those other apps on the App store. It really is great. I just got done learning the first five katakana no sweat. The best part was, I did it from my kitchen table while I was eating breakfast. All I needed was my iPhone and some sticky notes to write on. Now I'm back in my room with my iPhone open learning at my desk. It's so portable.:)

WingsToDiscovery 07-13-2010 05:49 PM

While I've yet to get around to purchasing the full version (as to me many iPhone apps are pretty gimmicky), I did actually test the lite version and was pretty impressed. Of the various apps like it, I'd probably say it was the best I've tried.

ParaPara 07-13-2010 05:57 PM

Cool! Glad you like it!

KyleGoetz 07-14-2010 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParaPara (Post 819757)
I thought someone might say that. Hahahaha O NOES I IS AN ADVERTISEMENT PERSON.

I am serious though this app is cool. I just want people to know that this is a true gem amongst all those other apps on the App store. It really is great. I just got done learning the first five katakana no sweat. The best part was, I did it from my kitchen table while I was eating breakfast. All I needed was my iPhone and some sticky notes to write on. Now I'm back in my room with my iPhone open learning at my desk. It's so portable.:)

It's just the juxtaposition of the misspelling of "ad" with the use of the word "remiss" that made me think it was an ad. ;)

No harm, no foul. Like I said, it seemed like an ad until I saw who posted it.

Had I an iPhone, I might check it out.