JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ParaPara (Offline)
JF Regular

This IPhone app is Godlike. - 07-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Sorry if this seems like an add, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell about this app that I got for my iPhone. It's called Human Japanese. It is like a textbook on your iPhone. However, there is one difference: It is interesting. The way in which it is written is really informal. Cultural and historical notes are interlaced with the lessons.

I'll give you an example of a way this program has helped me. I have been struggling with Hiragana. Human Japanese provides in depth directions on how to make each character look great.

Human Japanese is a great app. There is a LITE version that gives you tons of lessons so you can try it before you buy it.

Post your comments on this thread if you download it?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-13-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaPara View Post
Sorry if this seems like an add, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell about this app that I got for my iPhone. It's called Human Japanese. It is like a textbook on your iPhone. However, there is one difference: It is interesting. The way in which it is written is really informal. Cultural and historical notes are interlaced with the lessons.

I'll give you an example of a way this program has helped me. I have been struggling with Hiragana. Human Japanese provides in depth directions on how to make each character look great.

Human Japanese is a great app. There is a LITE version that gives you tons of lessons so you can try it before you buy it.

Post your comments on this thread if you download it?
I propose a "commercial Japanese resources" thread that all these belong in. Were it not for ParaPara's post count, I would have assumed this was just spam because it really reads like an advertisement.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ParaPara (Offline)
JF Regular

07-13-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
it really reads like an advertisement.
I thought someone might say that. Hahahaha O NOES I IS AN ADVERTISEMENT PERSON.

I am serious though this app is cool. I just want people to know that this is a true gem amongst all those other apps on the App store. It really is great. I just got done learning the first five katakana no sweat. The best part was, I did it from my kitchen table while I was eating breakfast. All I needed was my iPhone and some sticky notes to write on. Now I'm back in my room with my iPhone open learning at my desk. It's so portable.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-13-2010, 05:49 PM

While I've yet to get around to purchasing the full version (as to me many iPhone apps are pretty gimmicky), I did actually test the lite version and was pretty impressed. Of the various apps like it, I'd probably say it was the best I've tried.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ParaPara (Offline)
JF Regular

07-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Cool! Glad you like it!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-14-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaPara View Post
I thought someone might say that. Hahahaha O NOES I IS AN ADVERTISEMENT PERSON.

I am serious though this app is cool. I just want people to know that this is a true gem amongst all those other apps on the App store. It really is great. I just got done learning the first five katakana no sweat. The best part was, I did it from my kitchen table while I was eating breakfast. All I needed was my iPhone and some sticky notes to write on. Now I'm back in my room with my iPhone open learning at my desk. It's so portable.
It's just the juxtaposition of the misspelling of "ad" with the use of the word "remiss" that made me think it was an ad.

No harm, no foul. Like I said, it seemed like an ad until I saw who posted it.

Had I an iPhone, I might check it out.