JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kakaislegend (Offline)
New to JF

Can studying Japanese in university be called... - 07-15-2010, 06:58 AM

I understand the real Japanese people who study in Japan, having completed japanese at both high school AND University level. Therefore we can call them "they have completed Japanese at university level".

Me, I live in Australia, and would like to do Japanese at my university, after I have done that, can people say I have done Japanese at university level too? Or does it have to be only in Japan?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-15-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaislegend View Post
I understand the real Japanese people who study in Japan, having completed japanese at both high school AND University level. Therefore we can call them "they have completed Japanese at university level".

Me, I live in Australia, and would like to do Japanese at my university, after I have done that, can people say I have done Japanese at university level too? Or does it have to be only in Japan?
Native Japanese who study at a University level are not necessarily studying Japanese, but they are studying in Japanese.

If you study Japanese at your university you will have studied Japanese at a University level, but you will not speak or read Japanese at a University level.

I majored in Japanese in college and probably graduated with a 5th or 6th grade level of Japanese.