JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jakee (Offline)
New to JF

Large amount of translation needed... - 06-24-2011, 12:24 AM

I have to do a typed assignment for an online course and i have no clue to get this into hiragana on microsoft word. Is there anyone here that can put this into hiragana or katakana for me??

it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

1. Jake Autry (this is the only thing in katakana)

2. my name is Jake Autry. I am 18 years old. I am In high school. I like Japanese culture. I also like automotive racing. I live in California U.S.A

3. This is my dad. His name is jim. He is 52 years old. He does construction as his Job.

4. This is my mom. Her name is Lisa. She is 46 years old. She is a English teacher.

5. My favorite food is udon. I enjoy hot udon on a cold winter day. I enjoy cold udon on hot days.

6. My favorite animal is bear. I think they are cute.

7. I enjoy winter weather. I like wearing lots of clothes. I like being cold.

8. I like to wear fitted clothes. I like raw denim and high fashion brands.

9. I really enjoy the japanese automotive culture. I like it becasue it revolves around friendship.

thanks, jake
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-24-2011, 12:37 AM

If this is an online assignment, what are you going to learn if you have someone else do all the work for you? Most people who can translate this for you would want you to give it a shot first and then go from there. If you don't attempt a thing, I doubt they're going to do anything either. Unfortunately, I cannot help you as I am trying to learn a little of the language myself.

As to the hiragana and katakana, you can go to this thread and activate them. How to enable Japanese characters on your PC

Last edited by JohnBraden : 06-24-2011 at 12:47 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-24-2011, 03:24 AM

And even if you can't get it to work on your OS, just go to InputKing online IME - type your language on any computer. That does Japanese input for you.

I call BS on the OP just not being able to input the Japanese. If so, OP would have at least had the decency to give us romaji to transliterate for him.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Maxful (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2011, 04:55 AM

I honestly doubt that anyone would help him even if he typed in Romaji. By then, people will say that they do not want to help him because he is typing in Romaji.

As for JohnBranden recommendation. Trust me it doesn't always work. My mate from Canada told me the same thing too. It will request you to insert a disc for some computers.

百の失敗より一つの後悔をしたくない。

失敗をしない人間はいない。 いるのは失敗から立ち直れない奴と
立ち直れる奴だ。
(#5 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

06-24-2011, 05:06 AM

Point is this is not the first time OP has, in essence, said "Hey! Anybody wanna do my homework?" The kana/romaji issue is of little importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakee View Post
Can i please get someone to translate a couple of phrases for me?

1. きょうはいちがつさんじゅういちにちです。あしたはな んがつですか。

2. きょうははつかです。らいしゅうのきんようびのなんじ にゆうごはんをたべますか。

3. いつひるごはんをたべますか。

4. かぞくじかんはなんがつなんにちのなんじですか。

5. いちがつとうかのろくじはんになにをしますか。

6. きょうはにじゅうよっかです。らいしゅうのげつようび はなんにちですか。

7. なんにちにがっこうにいきますか。

8. なんようびなんにちにごぜんごじよんじゅうごふんにお きますか。

9. きょうはみっかです。せんしゅうのどようびはなんにち ですか。

10. きょうはじゅうよっかです。せんしゅうのにちようびは なんにちですか。

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Maxful (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2011, 05:17 AM

Yes, maybe you are right or maybe he is a novice who just began his beginner course. Either way, learners who are willing to help him to translate it into English indirectly benefits themselves at the same time, because they get the chance to test their skill. I know I will if I am capable to, but I am not at that level to respond to such threads yet.

百の失敗より一つの後悔をしたくない。

立ち直れる奴だ。
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-24-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxful View Post
Yes, maybe you are right or maybe he is a novice who just began his beginner course. Either way, learners who are willing to help him to translate it into English indirectly benefits themselves at the same time, because they get the chance to test their skill. I know I will if I am capable to, but I am not at that level to respond to such threads yet.
Doing someone's homework for them helps no one.

I am so glad the Internet didn't exist when I was in school.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-24-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxful View Post
Yes, maybe you are right or maybe he is a novice who just began his beginner course.
And he'll stay that way if he gets his homework done for him by someone else here. That's why many of us here have adopted a policy of "show your work before I help you."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Maxful (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2011, 05:46 AM

I beg to differ. I would say depend on the situation. How do you expect him to try when he doesn't know where to start? If I were to post a thread like what he had done, I will analyse the answers I received words by words and ask more questions until I understand how it work out.

The way I see it, people who ask for help regarding their homework doesn't necessary lazy. Sometimes they just do not know where to start and to make matter worse, their teachers aren't fluent in English, hence they need more help.

百の失敗より一つの後悔をしたくない。

立ち直れる奴だ。
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-24-2011, 06:26 AM

I am sorry, blutorange. I have never done this before, but I am not going to allow you to do this person's assignment for them.

Maxful, he wasn't asking for help, he was asking for the work to be done for him. If he cannot understand his assignment at all, then he is in a course that is above his level, or he has not made the effort to keep up.

Excuse me for deleting the work you have done, blutorange, but this is not the purpose for these forums.

Please PM me if you disagree.

Until further notice, this thread is closed.

Last edited by MMM : 06-24-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Closed Thread