JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Joisu (Offline)
New to JF

Making a birthday card for friend's birthday~! - 10-15-2007, 04:01 AM

Hi~! My friend's birthday is on Tuesday and I wanted to write PART of her birthday card in Japanese. Sadly, I am still stuck on learning Hiragana and Katakana. TT_______TT

Can someone please translate this into Japanese for me? Like in Kanji, not romaji. You don't have to translate the WHOLE thing, but please tell me where you ended it.

"See? I told you that part of my birthday card will be in Japanese~! x3 If you are reading this right now, you are probably having someone translate this for you~! Isn't that right?!? Well, even so, I just wanted you to know that you are a very important friend to me~! ^_^ You better remember me 50 years from now~! T_T Remember my crazy Japanese/Korean obsession. Remember how much I hated Spanish (note: This is an inside joke. Please don't get offended~! Spanish = <3) I wish you the best birthday ever, and hope we stay friends for a long time~! So, where is my present?"

Wonderful ending huh? xDD

Thank you so much to anyone who translates it~! Or for reading it~! *bows*

I really appriciate this~! ^_^
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-15-2007, 04:55 AM

How about something like this:

"どう?お誕生日カードの一部は日本語で書くって言っ でしょう。今もしこれを読んでいるなら、恐らく誰か 訳してもらっているだろうね。間違ってる?いずれに ても分かってほしいのは、あなたが私にとって大切な 達であるってこと。今から50年後も私のこと覚えてなき ゃだめだよ。私の日本と韓国についての妄想振りを覚え といてね。そしてスペイン語が大嫌いだったことも。今 年の誕生日が今までで最高のものとなりますように!ま た、ずっと友達でいられますように!ところで、私への プレゼントはどこ・・・?"

In doing this translation, I kind of took it for granted that you are a female and your friend is of the same age group as yourself. If that's not the case, let me know soon because then I'd have to change many parts. Also, I didn't do the part "(note: This is an inside joke. Please don't get offended~! Spanish = <3) "as I thought there you were talking to the JF members.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Joisu (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2007, 09:39 PM

Hi~! Oh my god, thank you soooo much...! Thank you~! Wow...it looks so complicated. I hope I can write it >_<;

Yes, I am a girl and my friend is a girl also. We are both 16 ^_^

thanks again~! *Bows 100 times* I totally owe you. ありがとう~!

Last edited by Joisu : 10-15-2007 at 09:46 PM.