JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Dijital (Offline)
New to JF

Educate me, please! - 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM

Okay, so I'm looking for someone, male or female, to educate me on the current culture and a little basic Japanese.

I'm trying to start on a story that eventually I'll turn into a manga, but I need help with making it seem, "authentic" with the language and so on.

So I'll tell you a little about the story....

Uhm, well the main character, Shina, she's mixed (half Japanese and half Native American), and she's going to Japan to spend some time with her old friend, Hiro. Well Hiro lives in Tokyo, but they decide to go on a trip to a more wooded area. (Help on this please, I'm not familiar with many other places in Japan.) But on their trip they stumble upon an ancient scroll. They visit Hiro's grandmother whom is a priestess and yeah, the scroll was keeping an ancient dragon hostage and he can turn into a human and his brother is evil and they have to save to world~!
X']~!

But yeah, thats basically it.
If anyone does actually decide to help, more and more details will be uncovered and it'll be alot of fun~!

But please contact me if you are interested~!

Arigato~!
<3

Hi.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Narutocrazy101 (Offline)
Noki...

10-24-2007, 10:43 PM

i already pm you and i would love to help with your manga.

Family
Cousin:buklao456,HoshiChan
Brother:animeeomarguy, Psychopathic Sister:QuoyaNatsume
nephews:Thunda, Cat:Animerox102
Deutsche schwester:cassiechan
My dog!Shes awsome!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
10-24-2007, 11:57 PM

Are you planning to write the manga entirely in Japanese? Not to sound painfully discouraging, but I advise against it. Modern-day manga is written using so much slang (which is constantly changing), and grammatical exceptions that I'd say it'd be extremely difficult for a foreigner who doesn't know the language (or hasn't lived in Japan and been accustomed to the casual talk) to write a successful Japanese manga.

For a view of modern-day Japanese culture, I recommend you watch recent j-dramas, perhaps even some slice-of-life anime.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Narutocrazy101 (Offline)
Noki...

10-25-2007, 12:02 AM

you are completley right laine.

Family
Cousin:buklao456,HoshiChan
Brother:animeeomarguy, Psychopathic Sister:QuoyaNatsume
nephews:Thunda, Cat:Animerox102
Deutsche schwester:cassiechan
My dog!Shes awsome!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Dijital (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Are you planning to write the manga entirely in Japanese? Not to sound painfully discouraging, but I advise against it. Modern-day manga is written using so much slang (which is constantly changing), and grammatical exceptions that I'd say it'd be extremely difficult for a foreigner who doesn't know the language (or hasn't lived in Japan and been accustomed to the casual talk) to write a successful Japanese manga.

For a view of modern-day Japanese culture, I recommend you watch recent j-dramas, perhaps even some slice-of-life anime.

Oh no no.
Not all in Japanese.
Just a few phrases and so on.
Because the dragon guy lived centuries ago so, all he knows is Japanese so Hiro and Shina will try and help him speak English.

I don't plan on releasing it as an only Japanese manga.
I was planning on just having a bit of Japanese in it because it will be taking place mostly in Japan.

Hope that got through clear enough.

D;

Hi.