JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2007, 10:27 PM

well i have learned some french by myself can read without much trouble and understand some too, got a hard time on talking and writing.
but im from denmark.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kasomi (Offline)
Languages Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kasomi
10-30-2007, 10:29 PM

Okay, well first thanks for saying I'm invaluable... (even though you specified "and others")
Second, I understand, and I was exacly about to ask Masaegu-san if I was right. I know how it's hard to learn Japanese without any fluent speaker around.
I did not intend on doing Japanese classes, either. I really don'T have the knowledge yet, but basics, I sure can handle it, even though I don't know all the things about presentations and pre-established sentences.

僕は静かな見物人なんだよ。
すべてを見て、聞いているよ。

Sème le vent, récolte la tempête;
Sème le bonheur, tu récolteras l'amour.

Last edited by Kasomi : 10-30-2007 at 10:34 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2007, 10:33 PM

more also it would be a big help, just to learn anything, because as long it goes forward, it goes the right way, and on the way i we can straighten mistakes out, cause its easyer to work with something than anythin and kasomi
i really apreciate, that you want to help really

- Thomas
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2007, 10:34 PM

and sry it takes some time for me to get used to someone replys so fast^^

Last edited by Dymaz : 10-30-2007 at 10:39 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasomi View Post
Okay, well first thanks for saying I'm invaluable... (even though you specified "and others")
Second, I understand, and I was exacly about to ask Masaegu-san if I was right. I know how it's hard to learn Japanese without any fluent speaker around.
I did not intend on doing Japanese classes, either. I really don'T have the knowledge yet, but basics, I sure can handle it, even though I don't know all the things about presentations and pre-established sentences.
I am not trying to undermine the kindness you are showing, but I don't know you want the responsibility of teaching these guys.

I think you are off to a good start, but the problem with teaching without seeing and hearing each other is, how will Dymaz know that "desu" is pronounced "des"?

And do we really say "Please be kind with me..." in English?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2007, 10:52 PM

MMM i know pretty well how to pronounce(spelling mistake?) the words,
of cause i have only heard em online but i think i have gotten a real good start grip on it, and i actually knew it was said des and not desu like you spell it...
i don`t see that as THE problem to be honest.

- Thomas

Last edited by Dymaz : 10-30-2007 at 11:10 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kasomi (Offline)
Languages Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kasomi
10-30-2007, 10:58 PM

No, it's not really common, in fact, to say please be kind, but as you could see, I wrote that it was a poor translation. Do you have any good one to give me so that I won't do this mistake again, then, MMM?

僕は静かな見物人なんだよ。
すべてを見て、聞いているよ。

Sème le vent, récolte la tempête;
Sème le bonheur, tu récolteras l'amour.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasomi View Post
No, it's not really common, in fact, to say please be kind, but as you could see, I wrote that it was a poor translation. Do you have any good one to give me so that I won't do this mistake again, then, MMM?
I would translate "yoroshiku onegaishimasu" when you meet someone for the first time as the cultural equivolant of "It's nice to meet you" but that it literally is a commonly used phrase with a lot of cultural signifigance, in this case "Please treat be kindly," and that there is no cultural equal for that in English.

Where have you heard people say "Please be kind with me"?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Okashi (Offline)
Future English Teacher

Send a message via AIM to Okashi Send a message via MSN to Okashi Send a message via Yahoo to Okashi
10-31-2007, 04:18 AM

Oh, I seemed to have replied to you already in another section, but this seems more of an appropriate place for the subject. I'll just say what I said in the other one...

Hi. You spelled 3rd wrong. Anyways. If your school can offer you Japanese you should really look into it. If not, another option is to check your local newspaper and see if they have anything about taking Japanese lessons. If not that, use the internet. The internet has a lot of websites in teacher basic Japanese for people who would like to learn it.

For example:
(I never used any of these sites, they just look good)

Ramblings of DarkMirage

Tokyo With Kids - Hiragana Chart With Sound

Japan-101.com - Japan Information Resource

and much more. This forum also has some threads with lots of places for you to check out as well.

So you know ahead of time. Hiragana has all the sounds of the Japanese Language. It also includes modified sounds. Hiragana should be the first type of Japanese characters you should learn. The other 2 types are "Katakana" and "Kanji". Katakana is basically the same thing as hiragana but with some differences. Like how it is written and how it's used. Kanji on the other hand can be very complexed or really simple. Kanji are mostly Chinese characters borrowed from the Japanese. Some have meanings for whole words or sometimes a whole phrase. While you learn your hiragana try to learn some basic Kanji characters along the way. Also saying stuff like "watashi" is called Roomaji. Roomaji is basically putting the sounds of the Japanese language in witch it can be read in english.

For example: 日本 means Japan. 日 = Ni and 本 = Hon. Put to gether you get "Nihon" witch is in roomaji.

Thats all the info I will provide to you. Good luck with it.

Once an Anime Lover, Always an Anime Lover

日本
CLICK HERE IF YOU DARE
OR HERE IF YOU LOVE AMIME!

(not really)

Last edited by Okashi : 10-31-2007 at 04:22 AM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2007, 05:35 AM

I was just about to quote your post here!