JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Japanese Translation help - 11-13-2007, 03:11 AM

Japanese Translation Help

Can someone please translate these 7 English phrases into Romaji and Kanji for me? I'm going to use the translated phrases into a story that I'm writing. I would really appreciate any help that you guys can give me. Thank you very much in advanced.

Phrases:

1) “I'm sorry, I was not sober…It seemed I was under your care. I was drunk…Yes, it (medicine) sold better than I thought, I’m happy…You seem so happy right now…Without it (daikon radish), the food tastes flat…I saw red dragonflies this evening…”
2) “Are you finished? You've been helpful…Not at all. What do you plan on doing about this (dagger)…”
3) “Listen... I want you to forget what you saw last night and leave this place…Won't your family be worried? ...Isn't this (dagger)yours?... Kyoto's streets are dangerous, this won't be much help…The best thing for you to do is to find a place to return to. A place where these things aren't necessary…This is how I've been since I was small…I've seen people get slay in front of my eyes…”
4) “What is it? Am I a burden by being here? I’m a stray cat. If I have a home to return to, I wouldn't be drinking alone in the middle of the night... A place where there are no Hitokiri…am I right? Since you were by the window, I thought that you might have been cold…”
5) “What are you going to do about Tomoe? Nothing. It's not like she's my woman…No one thinks that. But it's a woman that you saved once before, maybe you should think about it?”
6) “I am the exact opposite of you. Recently I am drinking less…Is it unpleasant? No. I've began to rely less upon drinking than before…it is strange…really?”
7) “Go back the way we came…Do you know that every katana needs a sheath? What are you saying? I want to watch over you as long as you continue to slay people. With these eyes…Shall we head to Otsu...as husband and wife?”

Thank you so very much!

---bloodsnow
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

11-13-2007, 04:17 AM

Here we go again...

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#3 (permalink))
Old
adama (Offline)
JF Regular

11-13-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
“Am I a burden by being here? I’m a stray cat. If I have a home to return to, I wouldn't be drinking alone in the middle of the night... A place where there are no Hitokiri…
Maybe these phrases can be translated into Japanese if they are first translated from English into English.

*edit*
Sorry, not trying to sound rude but...just what is it you're trying to say/do with these sentences?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nattybumppo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-13-2007, 03:47 PM

He posts here every few weeks, always with the exact same thing. He's trying to get the Japanese script to a specific anime, but he can't find it, so he's trying to get someone to back-translate all of the text, as if that would actually be the same.

I've told him that we'd be happy to transcribe the audio if he could post audio files, but he never responded to that.