JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Osamukundesu (Offline)
New to JF

Need help finding a Japan love film (vague description) - 04-18-2008, 06:46 AM

EDIT: The title should actually read: "Need help finding a Japanese love film (vague description)"

Before anything, I just want to say sorry for the very vague description I'm about to give of the film! Anyway, on my way back from Japan (arrived home yesterday) I was on the aeroplane and came across a Japanese love story whilst flicking through the films available. I used 'Air France' to travel if that helps at all. I only got to see like 3 minutes or so of it as it was right at the end of the flight that I saw it! And it didn't have its title ... it just said 'Original Version' or something like that in loads of languages, I'm pretty sure this isn't the name of the film as I searched for it with nothing of the sort coming up.

Anyway, on with the description. I believe it is about a teenage love, the girl is a rocker, and does concerts (I believe!!) and she before leaving to go somewhere, a boy rushes to the terminal and calls her, and then shouts to her in English "I love you!"... she replies "say it in Japanese!" and so he does... and a bit later after the interruption from the stewardess... she gives a concert which turns out to be very successful and they celebrate afterwards, and then I THINK the owner of the bar or says something like "quit your jobs and work here! I'll pay you 40,000 yen a month!" (I'm not sure if that was the amount of money :P) and then one of the band members replies "is that it!?"...

that is about all I caught, again, apologies for bad description, and quotes aren't exact, but very similar I believe! Any help would be very much appreciated!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-18-2008, 07:46 AM

I searched on Google and it looks like maybe it could be this film?

La vie d’artiste

FRENCH FILM by Marc Fitoussi, 2007
COMEDY – 1H47 – all audiences
WITH Sandrine Kiberlain, Emilie Dequenne, Denis Podalydès…

Alice is an actress, Bertrand a writer and Cora a singer. Well, yes and no. Alice dubs Japanese cartoons, Bertrand teaches high school French and Cora emcees at a karaoke bar. All of them dream about fame and success. But the road to glory is often paved with bad intentions. This movie is a serious yet light-hearted portrait.

Vie d'artiste, La (2007) - IMDB

If that isn't it, maybe someone else has an idea. Good luck!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Osamukundesu (Offline)
New to JF

04-18-2008, 12:32 PM

Thank you very much for the reply, but that isn't it the film I'm looking for is in Japanese and isn't a comedy (as far as I know). But I'll keep searching till I get it, thanks again!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Jlover (Offline)
New to JF

04-22-2008, 07:56 AM

Do you know the year of the movie or the actors that are in it? that would help to search!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Could it be this

Nana (2005/II)

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Osamukundesu (Offline)
New to JF

04-22-2008, 05:09 PM

ah, sorry I didn't get to catch to credits, nor have I seen enough Japanese films to recognise the actors :/. I am lead to believe that films on aeroplanes are fairly new, but not sure about this film (so it is likely to have released during this year or late last year).

And reptilesandsamurai, thanks for searching! but unfortunately it isn't that film, although I will watch it!! Hehe, it looks good. I can only blame myself for watching so little of it I think the band were also slightly lighter themed, possibly indie-ish or pop...