JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-08-2008, 05:21 AM

Shingo is a total BAMF

I love the heck out of this show. It reminds me of MXC if y'all remember(a pervy dub of the old Takeshi's Castle), but it's better in a way because these people train for years, and to see their hopes and dreams dashed in an instant is awful and hilarious
(#62 (permalink))
Old
VitalStatistic (Offline)
Mika Mika

Send a message via AIM to VitalStatistic Send a message via Yahoo to VitalStatistic
11-08-2008, 06:22 PM

One of these days I think Shingo will win ^-^

Or I hope so at least o.o

(#63 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM

Aww, I wont' be able to watch on Wednesday. My mother and grandmother'll be watching soap operas at 7:00 pm. T_T I want to see my Shingo!! I'm having Shingo withdrawal! lol I wish G4 was still a basic cable channel then I could watch in my room, but that got taken off a good while back, along with CN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Shingo is a total BAMF
What does BAMF mean? ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalStatistic View Post
One of these days I think Shingo will win ^-^
I think he will someday too, or at least get back to teh final stage. He hasn't been in years. "Mr. Sasuke", I hope he wins someday too. The fact that he's gotten so close, I could understand why he's so anxious to keep competing. That aside, I don't mind the other guys' determination to try and win, but in his case, it seems almost unhealthy and unnatural and borderline obsessive. When he lost his job, instead of looking for another, he trained for the upcoming tournament instead. He's lost the support and respect of his family and all of that. I wonder if he's ever had ill feelings towards Nagano. Nagano looked up to him and only decided to compete because of him and surpassed him.
Quote:
Or I hope so at least o.o
Same here. I'd so root for him. If I ever went to a taping of that show, I'd wave a Yamamoto Shingo banner. I'm sure that'd look weird for an African American foreigner, but who cares!

Last edited by SSJup81 : 11-09-2008 at 02:59 PM.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
VitalStatistic (Offline)
Mika Mika

Send a message via AIM to VitalStatistic Send a message via Yahoo to VitalStatistic
11-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Aww, I wont' be able to watch on Wednesday. My mother and grandmother'll be watching soap operas at 7:00 pm. T_T I want to see my Shingo!! I'm having Shingo withdrawal! lol I wish G4 was still a basic cable channel then I could watch in my room, but that got taken off a good while back, along with CN.What does BAMF mean? ^^;I think he will someday too, or at least get back to teh final stage. He hasn't been in years. "Mr. Sasuke", I hope he wins someday too. The fact that he's gotten so close, I could understand why he's so anxious to keep competing. That aside, I don't mind the other guys' determination to try and win, but in his case, it seems almost unhealthy and unnatural and borderline obsessive. When he lost his job, instead of looking for another, he trained for the upcoming tournament instead. He's lost the support and respect of his family and all of that. I wonder if he's ever had ill feelings towards Nagano. Nagano looked up to him and only decided to compete because of him and surpassed him.Same here. I'd so root for him. If I ever went to a taping of that show, I'd wave a Yamamoto Shingo banner. I'm sure that'd look weird for an African American foreigner, but who cares!
BAMF = Bad -beep- Mother -beep-
XD At least so I believe
"Mr. Sasuke" actually makes me sort of mad. I don't think he's on borderline obsessive, I think he's surpassed that by a lot. In all honesty, I find him somewhat pathetic.

Haha who cares what race you are ^-^ A fan is a fan, no matter what. I don't think they'd look at you any differently than anyone else.

(#65 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
11-11-2008, 02:28 AM

Okay, yeah, you're right. He is beyond obsessed now. I was just being nice. lol I actually feel sorry for the guy. Could he be considered a Sasuke otaku?
(#66 (permalink))
Old
VitalStatistic (Offline)
Mika Mika

11-12-2008, 11:45 PM

ahh I don't know what otaku means! D:

WHEEE IT'S ON IN 16 MINUTES!! =D

(#67 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

11-13-2008, 03:34 AM

I managed to watch it. Very exciting, although, I was so upset for Shingo!! I really wish he could've gotten to the third stage.

That aside, since my time is limited atm, is Yamada not competing anymore? I did miss some of it and I don't recall him running the course, but he was there.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
VitalStatistic (Offline)
Mika Mika

11-13-2008, 04:41 AM

Yamada did not run the course. He was being a mentor to someone and the guy ended up falling at the Spider Jump. Yamada wasn't too thrilled. XD

I was really hoping to see the Nagasaki brothers D: I always root for them.
Toshihiro did really well today and I was super impressed with him.
Nagano was soooo close! to the fourth stage!!! UGH! So upset that he didn't get it.
Also, the Brian O. kid from the US, I was really impressed with him when he hit the buzzer a fraction of a second before time was up ^-^

(#69 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

11-13-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalStatistic View Post

Yamada did not run the course.

He did. Seems they didn't show it in your country.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

11-13-2008, 07:11 AM

Now that's very surprising. I was like, "But he's an All-Star too. Nagoyankee said all the All-stars there competed." That's why I asked.

Anywho, you now see why I wish the show could be aired as it was meant to be seen as opposed to broken up here. They don't show all the competitors.

Do you remember what obstacle Yamada messed up in? I'm assuming that "Mr. Sasuke" didn't make it to the second stage.

Another "All-star" I didn't see was Akiyama Kazuhiko (the first guy who beat the course in its entirety).

The Nagasaki Brothers didn't seem to be there either, but the other trampolinist was. I was really surprised not to see them, unless they weren't shown altogether for our broadcast.