JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Resident Evil: Degeneration - 01-19-2009, 01:41 AM

So, who've seen it and what do you think about it?

Personally, I liked it. Finally a Resident Evil movie that is truly based on the game. The CGI is just an awesome work. But I kinda think that Leon is a weirdo on this movie. Anyway, it's a fantastic movie!

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

01-19-2009, 02:07 AM

I thought it was awesome.

Very impressed, and glad that they threw in a lot of things for the fans. Leon and Claire had the same exact voices as they do in the game. It could of even been a game if they had wanted to make it one.

Also, I like the fact that they had zombies in this movie. Even though RE 4&5 have the Ganados, (which is still great) Capcom was reminding the fans of the series that they haven't lost their interest in zombies and the T/G virus. The last 2 games may not have zombies and all that, but this just goes to show that they are not gone for good.

Excellent movie, 2 thumbs up from me.

(Don't want to say much more, don't want to spoil anything.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

01-19-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I thought it was awesome.

Very impressed, and glad that they threw in a lot of things for the fans. Leon and Claire had the same exact voices as they do in the game. It could of even been a game if they had wanted to make it one.

Also, I like the fact that they had zombies in this movie. Even though RE 4&5 have the Ganados, (which is still great) Capcom was reminding the fans of the series that they haven't lost their interest in zombies and the T/G virus. The last 2 games may not have zombies and all that, but this just goes to show that they are not gone for good.

Excellent movie, 2 thumbs up from me.

(Don't want to say much more, don't want to spoil anything.
i think the enemies in RE 4 and 5 are technically zombies. they just arent undead...or maybe they are...i think i confused myself now. anyways, the movie was awesome.I watch it alot when i first got it. i hear people complaining though that its not this or not that, its a movie made by CAPCOM the company that brought you Resident Evil, so either hate it or love it the underdogs on top.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#4 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

01-19-2009, 02:21 AM

No they aren't zombies at all. They are "Ganados" people who were once regular people, but they became controlled by a pre-historic parasite known as "Las Plagas". Coincidentally, the rulers of the castles, or "Castellans", have been able to control the Las Plagas since ancient times, such as Salazaar.

The Plagas mutates and the host loses all conscious, and turns into a mindless drone. When the host dies, the Plagas takes over full control of the body, thus seeming like a zombie.

But that's off topic, so what were people complaining about that Degeneration didn't have? You said people were saying "it's not this or that" care to explain more?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

01-19-2009, 03:07 AM

you have a point. but doesnt that mean the original zombies are the same? virus kills them taking over their body. the T/G virus also mutates its host. i think ganados are more zombie because saddler has control over all of them. i actually forgot the exact definition for zombie. so im probably wrong.

about the movie. someone said that it " wasnt like the video games" and " that Capcom forgot about its origins" or something like that. but then people have to understand that the story cant be going around in circles or down the same path. it'd be fun if it was non stop Zombie action, but then we'd probably get bored after the 10th game with the same story. I think its fun to bring them back every now and then. Like Resident Evil 6: New Racoon City

(#6 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2009, 03:07 AM

Personally, Zombies are the heart of the Resident Evil series, and when they started doing these parasite controlled people, it felt like it became a different game.

Anyway, I don't know what's up with these fans complaining. Well, the movie is set a year after Resident Evil 4 so of course there will be a new storyline. For me, this movie is the "real" Resident Evil movie, the live action trilogy ain't bad though, I actually like them.

I hope there will be a sequel and be shown in theaters.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

01-19-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
you have a point. but doesnt that mean the original zombies are the same? virus kills them taking over their body. the T/G virus also mutates its host. i think ganados are more zombie because saddler has control over all of them. i actually forgot the exact definition for zombie. so im probably wrong.
No, the virus doesn't work until after the infected is dead. The virus re-animates dead cells. Though they are still brain dead. Their bodies are alive, and they have a hunger, though they could survive without preying upon others. The Las Plagas is different, it's a parasite that takes over a body once it's dead. It's similar to a virus. But the virus will activate even if they person infected with the virus is still alive. (Which I never understood, how can they turn to zombies if they are still alive if the virus brings back dead cells?)

Anyways, back to the movie. I don't understand what those people are taking about? How can they be saying they are forgetting their origins when the Resident Evil games started with zombies? How can that be forgetting when this film featured zombies? Hehe, just goes to show you can't please everyone.

I enjoyed how it took place a year after RE4, and 7 years after RE2. RE5 will be 3 years after the movie, because it takes place 10 years after the events of RE2.

I am eager to hear how the Las Plagas virus ended up in Africa. Someone must of taken it there to try and sell or something over the course of 4 years. I'ts possible that Wesker cloned it.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

01-19-2009, 05:11 PM

ya. RE5 looks like fun. especially since Redfield is in this one. i was looking at gameplay on youtube and it looks good. you have a partner that helps you out and theirs this big dude thats even worse that the chainsaw ganado in RE4. guy carries a giant Axe which is cool

(#9 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2009, 06:20 PM

I think the movie's ending would explain how the virus reached Africa.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

01-19-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
I think the movie's ending would explain how the virus reached Africa.
The G-virus isn't in Africa, the Las Plagas virus from RE4 is.

All the end of the movie shows is this new unknown organization, called "TRICELL" or something like that, is going through the debris of WILLPharma and is retrieving the remains of Kurtis and the G virus.

The RE5 trailer shows the same organization in Africa, but I don't think they have the G virus there.

Wesker had said he was working for a new organization, maybe this TRICELL, is it... If that's the case, then it makes more sense.