JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KuraiFlower (Offline)
New to JF

Any good Jdrama recommendations? - 05-02-2009, 09:17 PM

Konbanwa. ;D

So, I'm a big fan of Japanese movies/dramas/horrors, but atm I can't seem to find anything that takes my fancy..

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Jmovie/Drama I could check out?

I prefer more thrilling films to comedy. :3
I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks. (:

~ 永遠を超えて、私の愛私を待っている。
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

05-02-2009, 11:02 PM

anything by Akira Kurosawa

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

05-02-2009, 11:56 PM

the live action of GTO is great! im watching it now. they have it on youtube just type Great Teacher Onizuka ep 1

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-03-2009, 01:03 AM

I enjoyed At Home Dad. It was nice to see what prejudices and expectations as far as role responsibilities for men and women are in Japan. I really felt that this was a really good series.

I enjoyed Gokusen, but I've only seen the first drama series of that and its special. Usually with "student changes" I have a tough time making that transition over. It's just like with the GTO dramas. I liked the first one, but couldn't get into the ones past that because of the fact that original students were no longer Onizuka's students.

Detective Conan has two drama specials. It's okay for what it is, I guess. The second one was better than the first, in my opinion.

Right now, I'm watching Kimi wa Pet. I like the manga, so decided to give the drama a chance, although, I'm having a tough time with Matsumoto Jun (also in Arashi), playing the role of Takeshi, since Takeshi acts so happy and stuff all the time (usually). After seeing him in Gokusen, where he was cool, calm, collected, kind of serious, I've come to expect that of him.

Another drama I watched was Stand Up!! It was okay, even if the premise was stupid (kinda), but annoying at some points at the same time. I swear, I couldn't stand the character Asai, who was being portrayed by Ninomiya Kazunari (of Arashi). He was such a drama queen for that role! *Cries* "Sensei doesn't love me!!" *Rolls eyes* Grow a pair already! lol

For the series mentioned, you could always look them up for more description on the drama wiki...

Main Page - DramaWiki

Oh yeah, for movies...all I can recommend are the Deathnote ones for "thriller". It's sorta like one, maybe...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
HanaNaoto (Offline)
New to JF

05-03-2009, 06:12 AM

How about Fated to Love You, Hana yori Dango (Boys over Flowers), or Life. Those are the ones I'm watching.

Wake me when it ends...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ypsilanti (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2009, 09:31 AM

Bloody Monday?

(#7 (permalink))
Old
persiandragon (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to persiandragon
05-18-2009, 12:59 AM

Fuma no Kojiro

Rookies
(#8 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

05-18-2009, 02:17 AM

Ju-on or reincarnation. Both really scary!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM

Jigoku Shoujo. You could always give that a watch. I know it has an anime, but never seen it. I'm enjoying this drama a lot, though. Makes me wonder if a couple of characters ever make manga appearances.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
lself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2009, 01:51 AM

Suspect X was an amazingly awesome movie. Kind of a crime thriller thing. If you haven't seen it already anyway.

雅はアメリカに行きます!
빅뱅하고 태군하고 허영생하고 동방신기하고
MBLAQ하고 아웃사이어하고 F.Cuz하고 U-Kiss를사랑해요!