JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
06-19-2009, 02:18 AM

I figured that much when i could never find anything on them that has nothing to do with american challengers. Nor the fact that i could never find any episodes.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog

Last edited by Tsuruneru : 06-19-2009 at 02:20 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
06-19-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Make no mistake, this is NOT a Japanese game show. It is an American reality show. The gameshow-in-the-show, "Majide" does not exist and this show does not air in Japan.
I think its funny as hell.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
06-19-2009, 02:22 AM

Really? Sometimes its just plain creepy

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
06-19-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Make no mistake, this is NOT a Japanese game show. It is an American reality show. The gameshow-in-the-show, "Majide" does not exist and this show does not air in Japan.
i didnt know that, thats actually hilarious.. better than the actual show

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#15 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
06-19-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
i didnt know that, thats actually hilarious.. better than the actual show
Oh. That's not nice.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-19-2009, 03:13 AM

Not many know about it.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-19-2009, 03:20 AM

I saw this a couple of times it was a reality show and you played a fake japanese game show. It had wacky games like pop balloons filled with paint with your but and dress like babies and fill bottles and stuff i thought it was cancelled though lol. it was okay it helped to kill time.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-19-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Not many know about it.
Of course not. ABC lied to its viewers. In Episode 1, the narrator clearly says "but they're really here to compete on one of the wildest Japanese game shows."

As a Japanese citizen, I probably laughed at different things in this "reality show" than the American viewers, such as the occasional use of Chinese music, the big red Torii gate at the house the contestants stay in, the wacky, non-Japanese way the paid studio audience act, etc.

In short, the general American view of the Japanese hasn't changed that much since I first visited America over 30 years ago.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-19-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Of course not. ABC lied to its viewers. In Episode 1, the narrator clearly says "but they're really here to compete on one of the wildest Japanese game shows."

As a Japanese citizen, I probably laughed at different things in this "reality show" than the American viewers, such as the occasional use of Chinese music, the big red Torii gate at the house the contestants stay in, the wacky, non-Japanese way the paid studio audience act, etc.

In short, the general American view of the Japanese hasn't changed that much since I first visited America over 30 years ago.
While I do agree with you on the mistakes and cultural mixing it is all a joke and i do not believe that that is the general concensus on the opinion of japanese people.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-19-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post

Yes i agree with you in some of the events and theme they show.