JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#451 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
01-14-2009, 08:26 PM

Lol there all on my first message.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#452 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-14-2009, 08:39 PM

All of the "Zatoichi" fillms. The old ones and the new one.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#453 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

01-14-2009, 08:48 PM

I haven't seen many Japanese live action movies.

So far I have seen Battle Royale, it was a bit bloody for my liking. But it was interesting.
(#454 (permalink))
Old
Lucas89 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-14-2009, 08:51 PM

My favourite film is still 僕の彼女はサイボーグ (boku no kanojyo ha saibo-gu) I think it's also known as Cyborg-She - Anyway, i still have to find a film that can beat it so far.

Out of anime movies i would say アキラ (Akira) is still my favourite.
(#455 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
01-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas89 View Post
My favourite film is still 僕の彼女はサイボーグ (boku no kanojyo ha saibo-gu) I think it's also known as Cyborg-She - Anyway, i still have to find a film that can beat it so far.

Out of anime movies i would say アキラ (Akira) is still my favourite.
Great i should look into that.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
(#456 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-15-2009, 12:05 AM

If you are in America, you can usually find "Kikujiro" at Blockbuster, it's a pretty good movie which shows an interesting side of Japan. Another movie which I like is called "Enlightenment Guaranteed". It's not a Japanese movie, but a German movie filmed in Japan. It's hilarious, I've watched it several times, and I still like to see it from time to time.

Otherwise, there aren't a great deal of good Japanese movies. I too enjoyed the Zatoichi films, and a couple of the other ones mentioned here, but the majority of Japanese films are too contrived, or bizarrely neurotic. Thankfully most theaters here show many western films, which are generally more popular than films produced in Japan.
(#457 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-15-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
If you are in America, you can usually find "Kikujiro" at Blockbuster, it's a pretty good movie which shows an interesting side of Japan. Another movie which I like is called "Enlightenment Guaranteed". It's not a Japanese movie, but a German movie filmed in Japan. It's hilarious, I've watched it several times, and I still like to see it from time to time.

Otherwise, there aren't a great deal of good Japanese movies. I too enjoyed the Zatoichi films, and a couple of the other ones mentioned here, but the majority of Japanese films are too contrived, or bizarrely neurotic. Thankfully most theaters here show many western films, which are generally more popular than films produced in Japan.
I was looking for more like movies only available in japan or anywhere else thats not in america.

(#458 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
01-15-2009, 10:00 PM

Machine Girl was a funny movie. :]

Suicide Club, The Great Yokai War, Battle Royale I & II

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#459 (permalink))
Old
tsabeeh (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to tsabeeh
01-15-2009, 10:30 PM

the grudge2! i had seen most terrifying japanese movie .if any one saw it can't stay in his room!
(#460 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
01-16-2009, 12:42 AM

Oh. I forget a few.

Tokyo Pop, Nana, Death Trance, Wild Zero:Guitar Wolf, Vital, and... Shinobi: Heart Under Blade.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.