JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

godzilla in 3-d? - 04-24-2010, 04:23 PM

passing film fad or film future,the jury is still out.you think they'll do a new godzilla movie in 3-d?or try to refubish an old one like they did with clash of the titans?....case in point.i heard a rumor that george lucas was thinking of redoing the 6 star wars movies with the latest 3-d techno.that way he can repackage those same movies and sell them to us AGAIN.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-25-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv20 View Post
passing film fad or film future,the jury is still out.you think they'll do a new godzilla movie in 3-d?or try to refubish an old one like they did with clash of the titans?....case in point.i heard a rumor that george lucas was thinking of redoing the 6 star wars movies with the latest 3-d techno.that way he can repackage those same movies and sell them to us AGAIN.
The Blu-Ray has to come out first for Star Wars, but the cost to retro-fit 3-D to a movie is relatively cheap. Clash of the Titans was not originally intended for 3-D, but they went back and made it 3-D.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tohruchan7 (Offline)
ur so cute no matter what

04-25-2010, 06:32 AM

3D is becoming overrated... -.- yadayada3D !!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-25-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohruchan7 View Post
3D is becoming overrated... -.- yadayada3D !!!
How do you mean "overrated"?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
metalmark666 (Offline)
JF Regular

Thumbs up 04-25-2010, 09:07 AM

I like watching films in 3D, it is the next step in film evolution and I think that it is here to stay.
I think that this only really works for movies that have been filmed in 3D originally, like Avatar. Clash of the Titans never looked right, the 3D made some of their heads seem out of shape. I hope they don't make Star Wars into 3D, Darth Vader would not have the same impact sporting an even more bulbous head!

Please read my diary that I wrote when travelling and working in Japan for three months. It is also packed full of information. I hope that it can inspire you to have an adventure too.
Please contact me if I can help you with advice or information.

Japan 2008: Memoires of a Gaijin A.K.A. A Journey Through the Land of the Rising Sun